Starting shaving - My baby is growing up!

Discussion in 'General' started by cwinslow7, Jul 16, 2007.

1. cwinslow7

cwinslow7 Well-Known Member

My baby is growing up! :sorry: I was cleaning his bathroom Sat. and found a nasty old razor in the back of a drawer, my only thought was "What is this doing here?" and tossed it in the trash. Patrick walked by a few minutes later and spazzed out- "Why are you throwing my razor out???" I hadn't even seen anything more than a little peach fuzz on his face so I didn't even realize he had been shaving his upper lip. Suddenly I was finding out he was using what looked like a six month old disposable razor. I explained that this was not a good thing to be using and took him to Walmart to get him a decent one (schick quatro) along with some shaving gel.

All I could think of for the rest of the day is that little baby I brought home almost 17 yrs ago...where did he go?

2. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

I didn't have to go thru this with Brad. He has some Cherokee in him and doesn't grow body hair very well. :laughing: Plus my brothers never did either for some reason.

I'm dreading when my girls start shaving their legs. Megan asked me the other day when they would get to start shaving. :cray: I am just so not ready for them to mature. All I could think to tell her was "I don't know".

3. niftywriter

niftywriter Well-Known Member

Donita. with a little luck, maybe some of that Cherokee blood will be in the girls, too!

I have an aunt (no native blood in her that I know of) who was a brunette with fair skin. She was not allowed to shave her legs when she was younger, so never started. When she was in her 20's, she realised that her leg hair was so fine as to be almost invisible (practically none there, actually...her legs are truly as smooth as a baby's bottom...with a faint faint covering of down that is invisible)...so she didn't start shaving. She has never shaved her legs and her legs are smoother and more beauitful than any other woman's I've ever seen! No stubble, no hair either (none that is visible). I'm not talking about the European look (hairy and "natural" :blink: ), I mean truly pretty smooth legs!

I tried tot alk my girls into waiting as long as posisble to see if they might have this type of skin/leg hiar. Because if you shave even once, you will always have a stubble. NO luck. They were too anxious to start shaving.

But I am thinking, if there isn't anything visible, try to get them to wait. They just might have the tremendous good fortune of not having to shave for the rest of their lives! (I'd give anything for that!).

4. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

Donita. with a little luck, maybe some of that Cherokee blood will be in the girls, too!
    Nope, Brad's Cherokee comes from his dad (previous marriage). H and M have haaaaaaaaaaaairy legs. :laughing:

Brad was over here this evening, and while looking at his legs and arms I couldn't help but chuckle. Jeff once asked him why he shaves his arms. :rofl: His arms are as smooth as a baby's butt. His legs have very sporadic hair.

5. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Sean started shaving in 7th grade. :rolleyes: But at that time, he really only needed to shave once every two weeks. Now he needs to shave once a day, but probably only does once a week! :rolleyes:

6. 8isgreat

8isgreat Well-Known Member

My two oldest girls started to shave at the same time, because the second was blessed with dark hair and very light skin....

So....I took the girls upstairs, I wanted to share with the the joys of shaving, and tried to get them to try waxing.....so....I tried on them.....it was so funny. I would put a thing of wax on one, then the other, then rip it off the first. We would be laughing/crying at the same time. What a funny memory. Needless to say...they are just shaving...no waxing in this house!!

And my girls being swimmers.....when state rolls around they do not shave for a couple of months!!

I remember helping my daughter out at swimming when she had one of her moments of throwing up....she was in the bathroom....she had her arm above her head....I remember heading back to my dh in the stands...and looking at him and stating that we have very confident girls!! She was SO hairy!!!! :eek:

But...then at state...she even shaved her arms!!! :eek: It must have paid off....she is a state champ!!

Now, my 3rd wants so much to shave that she did it without consulting me!! So...she got the 3rd degree from me...and the "you don't want to start, because then you have to do it all the time" story............

7. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

Christina.. did we run you off?

8. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

No, she's having issues with TS -- connectivity problems -- there are quite a few who are having problems.

9. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

:( And I won't be here when she finally gets it fixed.

10. cwinslow7

Did Donita go on vacation? I finally made it back...felt so lost...hi- I'm Christina and I'm a TS addict

11. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

QUOTE(cwinslow7 @ Jul 23 2007, 05:58 PM) [snapback]341918[/snapback]
    Did Donita go on vacation? I finally made it back...felt so lost...hi- I'm Christina and I'm a TS addict
    Hi Christina.. it's okay, you are among friends here :love0028: hehe

Yep, I went on vacation. We went to Vegas, Salt Lake City then stopped off in Pueblo Co for a quick lunch with my sister and mom.

12. cwinslow7

I noticed you back in the corn the other day...hope your vaca went better than Becky's, sounds like a terrific time!

13. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

QUOTE(cwinslow7 @ Jul 31 2007, 03:32 PM) [snapback]351657[/snapback]
    I noticed you back in the corn the other day...hope your vaca went better than Becky's, sounds like a terrific time!

Ugh, I keep forgetting about this forum

We had a good time! We had car trouble which made it where we couldn't tour Salt Lake City much, but we had fun anyway. I got to meet Christa and Jennifer (BaaRamEwe).