Steroid shots

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by theklafkas, Jul 7, 2008.

1. theklafkas

theklafkas Well-Known Member

I got my first two steroid shots last week and now I think I have thrush. I looked it up online and it says that if you are getting steroid shots that you can get thrush. Now I know why thrush hurts babies so bad when they get it. It is miserable!!! You can't eat or drink anything hardly. Calling the doctor this morning, but I wanted to see if there was anyone on here that had that problem.

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I didn't have any problems after I got the steroid shots. Let us know what the Dr. says. :hug99:

3. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I got the steroid shots (2 doses of them) and never had anything like you are describing. I hope everything turns out OK. :hug99: Keep us updated!

4. bng9306

bng9306 Member

I have had two doses of the steroids a few weeks back, and also with my second daughter, I haven't had any reactions to them. I hope all is well with you. Keep us updaed.

5. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

I also had the steriod shots ~ but no thrush syptoms. I hope you feel better soon!!! :hug99:

6. Twins08

Twins08 Well-Known Member

I also had the shots about a month ago, and never had any problems. Sorry you're going through this, that would suck!

7. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I never had any issues after my steroid shots.

8. Erineliza

Erineliza Well-Known Member

I also had two steroid shots- but nothing like you are describing afterwards. Feel better- and let us know what the Dr. says.

9. 2boysforus

2boysforus Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! No reactions for me, but I hope you feel better soon!! :hug99:

10. theklafkas

theklafkas Well-Known Member

I went into the doctor today and I have Thrush! I diagnosed it correctly. He got me some antibacterial mouthwash so hopefully it clears up in a few days. The steroid shots are the only thing I can think of that would have caused it, but I do have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. She doesn't have any symptoms thank goodness! It is awful painful. I really feel for little babies that have it! No wonder they cry all the time they have it! Thanks for all of the responses!