STILL can't feel them kick

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by lorinboyett, Feb 19, 2009.

1. lorinboyett

lorinboyett Well-Known Member

I am 20 weeks and still haven't felt them kick. Their placenta is in front so I know that could be why and these are my first babies so I don't have anything to compare the feeling to but I just want to start feeling them already. I know they are ok because I just went to the dr yesterday but when she asked if I've been feeling the babies kick and I said no she was like ooo? Well thats ok? And wasn't too reassuring when I said thats ok right? Does anyone else have similar stories to reassure me everything will be ok?

2. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

I had the same issue :)
    Every appt. for a few months around the 20 month mark my dr & the nurses would be like 'so, feeling those babies kick all the time?' and I hated saying no :(
    I was bummed as well that I wasn't feeling all those kicks, but them one day BAM! The babies started kicking the heck out of me and didn't stop until 37.5 weeks (my c-section).
    It will happen soon :hug:

3. oh-baby-baby

oh-baby-baby Well-Known Member

:hug: ...I think that it's harder feeling one and not feeling the other...I have a placenta in front and one in the back, so I'm ALWAYS questioning myself on what it is that I'm feeling...

4. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I did not feel a definite kick until 21.5 weeks. I could feel some distinct movements, but not anything that I could be 100% was a kick. Then one day I was lying on my side relaxing and I just felt it! Now 2 weeks later, I wouldn't say the movement is really consistent or regular, but I can feel it a whole lot more. I also have an anterior placenta, so the dr. said the movement would always feel a little less consistent. As long as they can see them on the U/S moving around, everything is fine!

5. lorinboyett

QUOTE(tamaras @ Feb 19 2009, 04:11 PM) [snapback]1196990[/snapback]
    I had the same issue :)
    Every appt. for a few months around the 20 month mark my dr & the nurses would be like 'so, feeling those babies kick all the time?' and I hated saying no :(
    I was bummed as well that I wasn't feeling all those kicks, but them one day BAM! The babies started kicking the heck out of me and didn't stop until 37.5 weeks (my c-section).
    It will happen soon :hug:

When did you finally feel them kick?

6. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

I didn't feel mine until 21 weeks. Anterior placenta too. But mine were my #5 and #6 and I still didn't feel them early. Don't worry before you know it you won't remember what it's like not to be kicked. :)

7. leokon

leokon Active Member

I have started feeling my son around 16-17 weeks.
    And now there are two but whatever I am feeling is not kicking :) It is more like bubbling, waving inside that is not visible on the outside.
    It is not that obvious, so maybe you feel smth like that too? I am sure you will feel them more in the next couple of weeks. As long as your doctor thinks they fine, you should not worry. And if your doctor reaction bothers you, just give him/her a call and say that you are worried about not feeling the babies. I would do that.

8. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

I forgot to add I just posted a thread a week ago basically saying I didn't feel movement yet with this pregnancy. No kidding a week later I started feeling the baby. I'm sure you will too!!!

9. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

QUOTE(lorin @ Feb 19 2009, 02:24 PM) [snapback]1197002[/snapback]
    When did you finally feel them kick?

I believe it was around 21/22 weeks.
    Once I reallllly felt it I realized that I think that I had felt it before but just didn't realize it :blush:

10. scorpion509

scorpion509 Well-Known Member

I feel baby a but don't feel baby B and he has anterior placenta. so I hope I will feel them soon too but so far I think I don't feel him because of the placenta.

11. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug:'s momma. Please don't worry. I didn't feel anything until 20-21 weeks. And that was only one time until around 22/23 weeks. It's hard not to worry but it will start soon and then there will be a party in your belly 24/7! :lol:

12. doublej's

doublej's Well-Known Member

I didn't start to feel constant movement until almost 21 weeks or so, so just keep checking on them and it should be coming!!

13. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

I had an anterior placenta and a posterior placenta and I didn't feel any kicks until 21-22weeks. It seems like lots of other moms have had the same thing so I wouldn't worry about it. Hopefully you will start feeling the kicks soon. :)

14. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

21 weeks here too. I haveno idea about placenta placement but I do think it tool longer to feel the twin movement than my singletons. I think they often buffer each other's movement and we can't feel it as well. That must be scary though. Hang in there. You'll be asking us how to get them to calm down and stop moving soon enough!

15. Angelsamb

Angelsamb Well-Known Member

I felt them kick early then I wouldn't feel them at all. It all depends on where their legs and feet are. I also have my placentas in the anterior so you can't always feel them kick. No worries, they'll kick soon enough and wake you up at night!

16. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

I, too, was anxious to feel the babies because at 16 wks everyone started asking me, "Do ya feel 'em yet? Huh? Do ya feel 'em yet?" Gah! I finally started to notice a "bubble" or very sight "ripple" last week (my 23rd wk) here and there, but it was so inconsistent and I wasn't sure if it was just gas or a little muscle twitch. Now just a week later, it is more consistent and rhythmic and I know for sure it's them. Seems to get stronger by the day. I commented to DH last night that it felt like they were dancing! Hang in there...they'll start doing their thing soon!

17. kitkat72783

kitkat72783 Well-Known Member

With my son I didn't feel anything until about 24 weeks, this time I started earlier they say with the second you do....But it is crazy how much of a difference litterally a day can make. A few days ago it was still very speratic maybe once a day and now I feel the boy all the time..the girl must be positioned differently. Dont worry to much you'll be feeling those babies any day now :hug:

18. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I think it was around 22/23 weeks for me and even then it just felt like gas bubbles. Sometimes I feel something similar now and wonder if that was really a kick back then. I did real feel kicks until I could see them actually on my skin. Hang in there, it will happen!

19. lorinboyett

Thank you everyone! I feel so much better!!

20. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

QUOTE(tamaras @ Feb 19 2009, 07:29 PM) [snapback]1197220[/snapback]
    I believe it was around 21/22 weeks.
    Once I reallllly felt it I realized that I think that I had felt it before but just didn't realize it :blush:

Ditto to Tamaras post...I didn't really feel them until 21/22 weeks and the realized...wait a minute...I felt this before and passed it off as something else. You'll get there. Try not to worry! :hug:

21. njobe

njobe Well-Known Member

I didn't feel a lot of movement until 24 weeks and now at 25 they are moving all the time. Before 24 weeks i only felt them once or twice per day. I've been getting 2 u/s per week since 19 weeks and they are always on the move I just couldn't feel it. I started being concerned at 22 weeks and my OB told me not to worry too much until 28 weeks. Also, i have a posterior placenta, so it wouldn't have blocked any movements. I've heard that anterior placentas tend to "muffle" movements and kicks. You're doing great mama - don't worry!!

22. Jenn79

Jenn79 Well-Known Member

I will be 20 wk on Friday and still don't feel them move due to the same thing...the placenta is in front. I went to my extensive U/S with peri yesterday and he asked about movement. When I told him nothing yet, he said it was due to where the placenta was located. Both babies were moving around like crazy on the u/s screen but I couldn't feel a thing. I have to say, although I do LOVE feeling the movement of my babies, I am a bit thankful that it is taking so long to feel them. I am going to guess once it starts there are going to be times that it HURTS. With my son the placenta was more in the back and I felt EVERYTHING from pretty early on, he wasn't always nice to his momma either :) , so I can imagine how much more uncomfortable two moving around in there is going to be.

Good luck with everything and I am sure we will start feeling these little buggers soon!

23. Fossie

Fossie Well-Known Member

I didn't feel them until 24/25 weeks and then even at that point my ds had an anterior placenta and I rarely felt him throughout the entire pregnancy. I was reassured when we had ultrasounds and they were moving and kicking like crazy but when people made comments that it must feel like a soccer game was going on in my belly I just had to laugh and admit that I didn't really feel that much.

24. trishj

trishj Member

Don't worry YOU WILL!!! I'm sitting here now cringing bc they are beating me up so bad!!!!!! I'm 33wks. I think I started to feel them at about 20 wks - then at about 30 wks it started to hurt!