Stomach full so fast but still hungry

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Krystine, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

I guess I'm finally so big that my stomach has very little room in it. I get hungry the same as ever but about 10-15 min after my meal I feel quite a bit of pain from being so full after eating what doesn't really seem like a huge meal. Is this when I just need to stop before I feel anywhere near full and eat more snacks? I'm only 22 weeks but am already bigger than I ever got with my singleton so this is all new territory for me. Would smoothies help? I have protein powder I can add to them, too.

2. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I remember that. It's like you go from starving to so full it's painful in a bite. I just ate smaller, more frequent meals.

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Grazing is the name of the game! I used to eat pretty much all day long. Try to focus on protein for sure - it will help you feel full longer on less plus it's just good for pregnancy all around.

4. Krystine

Thanks ladies. I never imagined it would happen this early. I am really struggling with feeling shaky and nauseated. I normally struggle with hypoglycemia symptoms even while not PG and I don't think PG makes it any better.

5. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I agree. Small frequent meals/snacks worked for me.

6. Lrnomder

Lrnomder Well-Known Member

Yes this is one of the hardest things ive had to deal with. I am 34 weeks and i can barely eat anything in one sitting. Its soo hard because the cravings are ten times worse every month it seems. I invested in a bunch of snack and finger type foods and when we go out with the family to a restaurant I take the food home and eat it throughout the day.

7. aquarius

aquarius New Member

I'm pretty much in the same place and I'm only 19 weeks (and not even that huge)... but I usually divide my bigger meals (like dinner) up in 2-3 portions and eat over the span of 30-40 minutes. And then instantly after (like 10 minutes) I begin snacking ;)

8. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Like all the ladies have said, smaller more frequent meals will help a lot! I ate all the time! ;)

9. Krystine

Thank you. The smoothies have been the best thing so far because they empty out so fast. I need to keep lowering my portions, I just already feel like I'm eating all the time!