stomach pains...normal?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by haleystar, May 21, 2009.

1. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

ok, i'm 26 weeks and have had pains in my mid belly all day long. they aren't contracting or anything but feel like massive amounts of stretching....is this just growing pains or should i call the doctor?

like i said, it's not starting and stopping, it's continuous. like someone/thing is just pulling my muscles to the breaking point.

is there anything i can do to alleviate this pain if it is just muscle/ligament stretching?

thanks

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

Kristine, it sounds like round ligament pain, and there isn't much you can do for it. You are right in the middle of a huge growth spurt right now. I did try to avoid getting up fast/turning fast because it always hurt more/felt like I pulled a muscle when I did.

3. haleystar

yep that sounds exactly what it is......thanks for the link. too bad it won't just go away :(
    oh well, it will be worth it in the end :)

4. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

Kristine, I had similar pains around 20 weeks and then again between 27 and 28 weeks ( I am 29.5 weeks now) and the pain was so annoying! I would get up out of a chair and still be bent over trying to get the muscles to cooperate! Anyway, I feel better this week. Even went for a walk today and don't have a ton of pain as a result. Anyway, fairly certain what you are feeling is normal.

5. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

QUOTE(becky5 @ May 21 2009, 05:18 PM) [snapback]1323695[/snapback]
    Kristine, it sounds like round ligament pain, and there isn't much you can do for it. You are right in the middle of a huge growth spurt right now. I did try to avoid getting up fast/turning fast because it always hurt more/felt like I pulled a muscle when I did.

This si what i was going to say.

Kristine, sorry, that muscle pain really stinks! I hope it subsides soon.

6. haleystar

i just read everything up on round ligament pain and that all seems to focus on one specific area in the lower abdomen near the pelvic bone.

could it still be round ligament issues when the pain is like a constant pulling/stretching (like you've got a belt on too tight) around your waist area?

the boys are still kicking away and like i said earlier, these don't contract, they are constant...a constant pulling/stretching feeling.....still round ligament pain?

7. mes_00

mes_00 Well-Known Member

I'm experiencing another round of the ligament stretching. This time it doesn't feel anything like week 20. My tummy is noticibly bigger every week since these started now almost 2 weeks ago.

I have discovered that I need help sometimes getting up if I have to hurry for the bathroom. Nights are worst since I have to sit up then get up. Thank goodness the DH is getting used to giving me a push!

Might even look for a few more new stretch marks and keep them buttered. :rofl:

8. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

Just because I know of some of the other issues you've mentioned, definately ask them to check you gall bladder at your next ultrasound. Gall bladder pain would be a little higher probably than the waist, but with so much going on inside there with the two babies it can have many manifestations.

9. haleystar

QUOTE(Meximeli @ May 22 2009, 10:51 AM) [snapback]1324318[/snapback]
    Just because I know of some of the other issues you've mentioned, definately ask them to check you gall bladder at your next ultrasound. Gall bladder pain would be a little higher probably than the waist, but with so much going on inside there with the two babies it can have many manifestations.

i will thanks for that info! i've actually had a break from the diarreha. took an imodium the other day and it seems to have stopped. i finally had a regular movement today for the first time in months! but i will definetly ask them to check at my next ultrasound!!!