Stop...and just enjoy!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by shlbifish, Mar 21, 2011.

1. shlbifish

shlbifish Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm the last one to really say this but today was just one of those days where everyones stars, planets, sippy cups and animals aligned. From the time they got up to the time they took a nap, not ONE tear was shed...NOT ONE! As of me typing this they are still napping so who knows how the afternoon will go!

(I don't have a ticker so here's my 411... I have twin boys that are 21.5 months old and a 3.5 year old son as well)

Ok, so I just had to say, the boys were on the couch today, like usual, looking out the window and they turned around and I just marveled at them. They couldn't be any more different but together they are the cutest! I usually forget I have twins....ok, that is silly to read but I group all 3 of them together as 3 mouths to feed, 3 noses to kiss, 3 bellies to tickle, 2 diapers to change and 1 to herd to the potty before it's too late.... but sometimes I just stop and look at the twins and it hits me, they're twins... I have twins!! And like I said, they are boys, have the same birthday, the same mom (and dad) and the same color eyes, but that is where the 'same' stops. They are so opposite of each other, like night and day! :)But I love it, it's pretty cool!

I just had to post about my 'moment'! What has happened with your kids lately that made you stop and laugh (or cry)?

1 person likes this.
  2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:wub: what a lovely moment! thanks for sharing.

3. Reeny691

Reeny691 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing you wonderful twin mommy moment. A lot of them are stressful so such a sweet one is nice.

4. brieh

brieh Well-Known Member

I vowed to enjoy even the crummy days after our struggles to get pregnant. I love to look at my girls sleeping just before I turn in for the night, so amazing that they are in our lives! Mine are night and day as well. One looks like me and one like my husband (well prettier since she is a girl, soooo different in personality. We laugh about the fact that our genetics didn't mix at all. I captured a great photo of them kissing yesterday,lips to lips. I hope that they always love each other that much :)

5. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

I agree, just beautiful. :wub:

6. carrie-

carrie- Well-Known Member

Awww, so sweet!

I was amazed at my girls this AM - the elevator at day care was broken and my smarty-pants girls kept pointing to the button to push to get the elevator! How did they know that's what calls the elevator? 13 months old a SO SMART. I was very proud.

7. LeeandJenn15

LeeandJenn15 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing - our kids are all close in age - yours are just a few months younger than mine. They are gorgeous!! I love your ticker. :wub: :wub: All that red hair!! :wub: :wub:

I know what you mean about grouping them together - I do that often. And, I think I don't think about them being twins much because they are boy/girl...only sometimes I remember how cool it is!

8. calimom

calimom Member

Thanks for sharing. I had a great moment the other day. I have a 3 1/2yr old boy and B/G 17 month twins. My 3 yr old and boy twin (wanting to be just like big brother) were sitting on the couch together looking at books, and girl twin was on the floor in front of them looking at a book. Luckily I was able to quick get a 30 second video before they moved onto the next activity.