Strange fluttering/kicking in my chest?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by garden2009, Jul 2, 2009.

1. garden2009

garden2009 Well-Known Member

Hi all. I am 15.5 weeks and have recently starting feeling the babies which is so wonderful!! I love it! So far the kicking feeling has been very high in my belly but today I have started feeling something in my chest (just above where the underwire hits on my bra). The feeling feels the same as the kicking in my upper belly earlier this week but it is kind of scaring me because it is on my left side only and near to my heart. I have had pretty bad m/s so I feel constantly tired, dizzy, nauseous but no new symptoms. Have any of you ever felt this? Am I being paranoid? Not sure if it is worth a call to the doctor or not?

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

That seems pretty high. Especially only being 15 weeks. I don't think it could hurt to give your Dr a call. Maybe its just gas/indigestion. GL!!

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

It sounds like heart palpitations to me. I had them. I also had hyperthyroidism(which can cause palps) during my pregnancy and was put on meds for awhile. After that issue was taken care of, I still had them and my doc said it was due to the excess blood volume. I would mention it to your doctor.

4. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

Yeah that definitely doesn't sounds like it's babies movies around...maybe just gas, stomach acid, or palpatations.

I just felt mine start to move around in the last two days, but it's pretty low actually in my abdomen and distinctly on one side or the other which is where I know the babies are :)

5. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

Sounds a bit like palpitations to me. And actually, palpitations are common among women with MS. I get palpitations all the time, due to slight heart thing. They are no big deal as long as your heart is structurally fine. I would mention it to your doctor though, to be on the safe side. Most likely they are due to the HUGE excess amount of blood in your system.

Molly
    35 weeks 3 days

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree, it sounds a bit high for now to be the babies. I would mention it to your OB. Glad you are feeling them move, isn't that the best?! :Clap:

7. garden2009

thanks everyone! I called my ob and they want to see me today just to check things out. I am trying not to worry. I'll let you know!

8. garden2009

Hi... Just an update... Went to see my ob on Thursday and she said everything checked out ok with babies and me. The strange feeling I have been feeling is just some kind of muscle spasm. She also said that where I have thought I have been feeling the babies is definitely not the babies, just more of the spasms. That was hard to hear because I was SO SURE it was babies! Anyway... all is well and she said that my problems are being caused by lack of calcium and potassium in my diet and she told me I need to eat more in general. Thanks for listening. Happy 4th of July!!