Strep throat

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by hikerkira, Jul 1, 2008.

1. hikerkira

hikerkira Well-Known Member

Every Monday someone around here has gone to the Dr. Well this Monday it was my turn. I have strep! I can't eat or talk much. My fever Monday night made me a bit delusional. I had help today but tomorrow I am on my own. Wish me luck!

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug99: I'm sorry about all the sickies. I thought mommies weren't allowed to get sick? :umm: I hope you feel better really soon. :hug99:

3. avd1995

avd1995 Well-Known Member

I have had strep throat before, I know how much pain you are in :hug99:

I hope you are feeling better soon!

4. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Bless your soul!! I have had it more times than I care to count. It is horrible!!

5. hikerkira

I used to get it all the time, but I haven't had it in 20 years!
    I just had an unpleasant reminder of what antibiotics can do to your body. I don't think I can take 10 days of the intestinal discomfort!

6. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I hope that you have enough Antibiotics in you by tomorrow to get you over the hump!!! :hug99: I hate having strep!!! It's SO BAD!!! :hug99:

7. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

:hug99: :hug99: I've had strep 4 times since January (and I've never had it before!) I'm so sorry to hear you're dealing with this! Glad the abx are going to you can keep your kiddos safe! If the abx are giving you too hard of a time, I'd ask for a different kind. Here's hoping for a fast and easy recovery!

8. hikerkira

I am allergic to 4 kinds of abx, so I don't have many choices. Hopefully my tummy, etc. gets used to this!

9. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm sorry you have strep, it's not fun to have, I know. :hug99:

10. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

aww, sorry to hear that :(
    we've actually been passing it around our house for 2 months. . . it's terrible!

11. hikerkira

2 months! Oh my! I hope we don't end up doing this!