Stretch marks burn/sting?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Sandy005, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Sandy005

Sandy005 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if others are having some of these same feelings on their stomach. Just over the past few days I have noticed that the skin on my belly, right side only, is burning/stinging when I stand up,lean over, sneeze, or laugh. It is excruciating! :cry: I have noticed that I do have stretch marks in this area, but I also have them on the left as well - but for some reason the right side is the only side that is painful. I assume that my stretch marks are just getting overly stretched to where they feel like paper cuts, but will it go away or will it last the remainder of this pregnancy? Does anyone have any good remedies? I already use a lot of cocoa butter to relieve the dryness and that helps a lot, but doesn't do much for this burning/stinging sensation.

2. lisagayle

lisagayle Well-Known Member

I mentioned a feeling like this to my doctor not too long ago. I thought it was the skin also. Turns out it was actually the muscles under the skin stretching. She said burning was a common sensation in those muscles when you really start to stretch out. Not sure if that's what it is for you, but that wound up being what it was for me!

Hope you find some relief!

3. citizenpelikan

citizenpelikan Well-Known Member

I've had a burning feeling off and on too but I don't have any stretch marks at all.

4. Sandy005

Sandy005 Well-Known Member

Well I am jealous that you are further along without stretch marks - kudos to you! I wonder if it is the muscles stretching .... definitely doesn't feel like the round ligament pain. I do hope it goes away because it is gut wrenching when it hits. Thanks for your insight girls!

5. ladypotter

ladypotter Well-Known Member

My doctor also told me that the burning sensation is from ligaments stretching. I had this the other night when I sneezed. It felt like someone stabbed me and then put a torch to my belly for at least a minute. It was aweful!! I feel your pain!