Stroller for 16month twins plus newborn?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by nmelliott2, Jul 21, 2011.

1. nmelliott2

nmelliott2 Member

Hey ladies.
    I'm due in 8 weeks give or take and my twins will be just shy of 16 months. YUP we'll be busy!
    I am starting to freak out about needing a triple stroller because I can NOT be confined to the house and so as long as we have a stroller...we can go for a walk or maybe even run a quick errand.
    I'm looking for something that isn't going to cost a rediculous amount, but fits the needs of young twins plus a newborn carseat adapter option.
    Any reccomendations????

2. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

I wouldn't work it that way. I'd use the stroller you have and a baby sling. Double strollers for twins are hard enough to steer without adding another seat

3. nmelliott2

nmelliott2 Member

I totally understand where you're coming from and that was my plan. But I remember how easy my double snap-n-go was with the twins. They could stay sleeping if they were sleeping, not unbuckling....just lifting the carseat out and snapping it in.
    I am thinking that if I have to get the twins out of the car, into the stroller, strap on the sling, get baby out and into sling, diaper bag, purse, etc....seems like a lot?
    Or maybe not?
    I'm just considering a stroller since it seems like an easier option...??

4. Eribour

Eribour Well-Known Member

Do you have one twin that really likes to stand. My twins came 11 1/2 minths after my first (so yes yoi will be busy). At about that same age o bought a buggy board. It attaces to the stroller (any kind) and my oldest stood on it and "helped" push. We use it all the time and she loves it. They also make attachements for them to sit on. Some ofthem get pricey but nit as bad as a triple stroller.
    Now for walks around the block, before the buggy board, I usedto put my oldest strapped in the wagon. I would slide the handle on the stroller handles and pull the wagon while pushing the stroller. It was complicated at first but I figures it out. You too. Inwould augfeat googleing seat attachements for strollers and doing it that way. Youbwilk find out quickly that becoming confined to the house, or a single stroller, the double, and a friend work the best!

5. Eribour

Eribour Well-Known Member

Sorry about the typos!! Using a small key board on an iPhone makes for horrible mistakes!!

6. lizzbeech

lizzbeech Guest

Definitely go for the Valco baby twin tri mode ex!!!! You can purchase a joey seat and then it fits all 3 kids! When we had our twins, our daughter was 23 months old so we needed something to accomodate all 3.
    You can take the toddler seat on and off as you wish. Makes it the size of a double stroller, yet it's a triple :) we get SOooooo many compliments on our stroller and get stopped everywhere, asking what kind of stroller is it and where can you buy it!!!
    We got ours from mystrollers.com

Edit: Just saw that you want something that will fit infant seats. The Valco would only fit 1 infant seat at a time I believe....but I'm not positive on that! Might fit both?? and you can always get the Valco hitch hiker as well for it....