Such a destructive age!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Danibell, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

If they aren't destroying block towers, they are tossing toys, or smashing cars, or pushing things off the train table....or some other form of destruction! It doesn't help that our house is a disaster because we had water issues and had to rip out half our cabinets, so my dining room is full of food, plates, cups, and boxes of kitchen stuff! Which means we are doing everything in my small living room right now! Ugh!

2. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

Oh bummer!! I'm sorry to hear about your kitchen. My 2 year and 3 year old dd are very much like this! They crash or throw or launch everything! And they have sooo much fun doing it :laughing:
    Mine still play in a playroom and I like that it stays contained and I only have one room to pick up rather then 4, so that's one good thing about confining them to one room :pardon:

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Give them something they can smash!

Maybe water balloons outside?

4. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Agree. Give them some soft toys or balls to throw around. When they throw trucks tell them "we throw the ball".