suggestions for books for sibling of twins to be

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by subedew, Nov 22, 2007.

1. subedew

subedew Member

I am a grandmother of a beautiful 18 month old girl who will have twin siblings come April. I would like to get her a storybook about a little girl who is waiting for her mommy to have twins. I have "I'm the Big Sister", but would like others. Any suggestions?

2. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

There is not much out there. I've used Dora ... Big Sister, the book and the DVD. Dora will become a big sister to boy / girl twins (which I was having too). I got her a big sister Dora doll with twin baby sister and brother.

3. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

doras book.. she gets twin brother and sister

4. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

yes Dora and also Tad from the leapfrog series on DVD also ends up having twins! boy/gir--its a christmas video that has Tad being Jealous of the new baby coming and he wishes he wasnt born-the story is very sweet and talks about how important each member of the family is and withouth Tad thier family wouldnt be complete--the big surprise is they dont end up with just one baby but with twins! --My boys love this movie and my oldest loved that Tad was going to be a big brother to twins like him:)

5. subedew

subedew Member

QUOTE(subedew @ Nov 22 2007, 11:21 AM) [snapback]505778[/snapback]
    I am a grandmother of a beautiful 18 month old girl who will have twin siblings come April. I would like to get her a storybook about a little girl who is waiting for her mommy to have twins. I have "I'm the Big Sister", but would like others. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the suggestions. I do have the Dora book, but cannot find the DVD. Any help there?

6. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

sure; any walmart type store should carry it or any kids music/dvd section- i know our walmart sells it in the kids section DVD
    s and video-just ask at the desk for some help:) its a really cute one! its been on tv too; maybe u can find it real cheap on ebay or ask the for sale forum if anyone has it?

7. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We used the movie Big Sister Dora as well. Here is a link to DVD planet they have the DVD. I went to yahoo and typed in Big Sister Dora DVD and several things came up.

8. subedew

subedew Member

QUOTE(subedew @ Nov 22 2007, 11:38 AM) [snapback]505793[/snapback]
    Thanks for the suggestions. I do have the Dora book, but cannot find the DVD. Any help there?

Thank you everyone for all your help. I will be getting the 2 dvds recommended. Hope everyone is having a great thanksgiving.

9. nanhancan

nanhancan Well-Known Member

We have a cute book called You are all my favorites. It's about 3 baby bears- very sweet.
    Enjoy your grandkids!

10. subedew

subedew Member

QUOTE(subedew @ Nov 22 2007, 03:30 PM) [snapback]505917[/snapback]
    Thank you everyone for all your help. I will be getting the 2 dvds recommended. Hope everyone is having a great thanksgiving.

Thank yoiu for the suggestion. I immediately looked the title up on Amazon and will be ordering this for my little Avery. While I was on the site, they suggested a book called IF YOU EVER WONDER, by Max Lucado. Depending on where religion fits in your life, this looks like a great read.

11. subedew

subedew Member

QUOTE(nanhancan @ Nov 23 2007, 01:30 PM) [snapback]506380[/snapback]
    We have a cute book called You are all my favorites. It's about 3 baby bears- very sweet.
    Enjoy your grandkids!

Nancy et all.......Please read my comment under my last post. I am new to this and just getting the hang of how to post and reply. Thanks to all of you.