suitcases & spending the night

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by naomi02, Jul 23, 2008.

1. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

The other thing I saw when the kids were playing with their cousin last night.....cousin had all her Barbies in a little toddler size suitcase. I don't know which dd liked more: the Barbies or the suitcase! :) She was begging me for her suitcase.....which she doesn't have. :rolleyes: I told her when she's old enough to spend the night at Grandma's, we'd look for a suitcase for her. Then I thought.....they've already spent the night (and did great). So I was wondering, what age did your kids start spending the night? And is it silly to have a suitcase for it? Not that I'm trying to pawn off my kids, but that night with just dh & I was great! ;)

2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

My nieces used to spend the night at my house every now and then and at my mom's every now and then. They did have their own overnight bag.

Lillian Vernon has some very cute kids suitcases. Maybe that could be a Christmas gift idea (if you celebrate).

ETA: I believe they started using their own bags when the youngest was around 3.

3. Babytimes2

Babytimes2 Well-Known Member

My boys have a wheeled backpack from Children's Place. They were having a huge sale and had them for $5.00 a piece so I bought two of them. I thought they would be good for them to use as small suitcases when they spent the night with grandparents (which they haven't done yet BTW). We have also used them when we go on vacation and put some of their favorite toys in them. That way they each have their own bag and can pull it while we are carrying in the luggage.

I was also going to suggest Lillian Vernon for little bags. I think you can even get them monogrammed with their names. Let me see what I can find:

Lillian Vernon totes and bags

Lillian Vernon sports bags and duffels

Kids Travel Zone

You might also check eBay.

4. ehm

ehm Banned

My children have been spending at least one night a month at Nana's since they were two months old (Nana's idea/wishes and I am fine with that). They got their first bags for their second birthday. They were tiny tiny wheel packs with smiley faces. They just barely held their clothes for one night they were soooo small but they absolutely loved them. Just before they turned 5 they got rolling bags from the Disney Store. They still use those for just about everything (they have been packing them almost every day this summer with some toys/games to take to whoever is watching them that day). They have tons of fun packing those bags and it is always fun for me when we get to our destination to see what they crammed into their bags.

This is an ebay link to the ones they have used for the last few years ( I can't find one of the tiny ones although I do have a photo at home).
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Disney-Tinkerbell-...1QQcmdZViewItem

5. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

We have rolling small suitcases from Pottery Barn Kids (they were a gift). They have held up really well, and they use them when they spend the night at their granparents' houses. They LOVE them and are very attached to them.

My SIL picked up a princess one from the Disney store for super cheap (was under $10) for Hannah. She really loves that one (has a extendable handle and wheels) but we use that one to store her princess dresses.

6. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Mine have suitcases and got them last Christmas. They have used them to spend the night at the grandparents house and for our trips. Mine think they are "helping" when they wheel their own suitcase in the airport or to the hotel room! It is really cute. I say go for it!