Sunshine Radian--Fit for older/bigger kid

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MarchI, Apr 27, 2011.

1. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I am posting this here because I figure some of you have been using the sits for a while. I am considering getting two of the Radians to not buy a new car. My only question is how do they fit for an older child who is in the higher percentiles for height/weight? With the seat being so narrow, does it still fit well for a 4/5 year old? Anybody with a 4/5 in a radian want to share how they fit?

Thanks for the info!

2. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

not from personal experience, but I would definitely think the height would be fine... they are one of the seats that allows for the tallest child. Weight wise, I don't know... mine are skinny minnies, but are just 3 yrs old and can still have the extra padding that fits beside them, so I'm expecting them to last well after the kids are 5 or 6...

3. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I would go to car-seat.org and ask... lots of knowledgeable people there.

4. T.O. Twins

T.O. Twins Well-Known Member

I second going to car-seat.org.

My tall almost-5-year-old girls still have a fair bit of room to grow in their Radians. I would bet they'll make it to at least age 6. It is rare that the 65 pound car seats are outgrown by weight before height, but I think the Radian Premier in the US goes up to 80 pounds, if you are worried about that.