.......Suprise it's 2 girls!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by brieh, Oct 7, 2009.

1. brieh

brieh Well-Known Member

Hi everybody, my little sweetpeas were born Oct 2 by c-section at 33 weeks and 1 day. We went in for a routine ultrasound on sept 29th to check twin 'B' growth, and they decided she really hadn't grown much and it was time for them to come out. So they checked me in to the hospital. I was given 2 steroids shots and approx 48 hrs later we were in the OR. We didn't know the genders, and it was the greatest moment to have them call out girl and girl!!!! They came out screaming. Lexia Kaitlyn (A-breech) 4lb 8oz and Quinn Rebekah (B-head down) 3lb 10 oz. They are in the NICU but doing awesome. We had no breathing issues at all. Its been 5 days since the birth and Lexia has already graduated from her isolette to an open cot. Both have had their IV's removed. My milk has come in, so I am pumping away. They have both had a go at a bottle already. Did well, but tired easily. And I got to try to get Lexia to latch on last night for a bit, she's got good sucking ability. We are so happy at how well they are doing, expected stay in NICU 4 weeks.

Thanks to everyone in the "expecting" forum for all the advice and support, hope to see you soon in the first years!!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=164703&id=734696069&l=8a5f7eb24a

Brie

2. busymomof3

busymomof3 Well-Known Member

:banana: CONGRATULATIONS!! :banana:

3. jsmith

jsmith Active Member

Congratulations! They're so sweet. Glad things are going well. I notice you are in BC, are you around the lower mainland? I live in Burnaby and just had surprise twin boys at Royal Columbian two weeks ago (37w3d).

4. Surrodoula

Surrodoula Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Hopefully your girls will be coming home soon! Sounds like they are doing really well.

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:yahoo: Congratulations! Welcome to the world to two beautiful girls! I hope the NICU stay is speedy, we do have a NICU forum for additional support while your little ones are in the NICU.

6. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the birth of your girls!! I hope their NICU stay is short and uneventful! I started a welcome thread for you Here in the NICU forum. There are a lot of BTDT mom's that are willing to help you through this journey! Best of Luck to you!

7. wookiebec

wookiebec Active Member

Congrats!

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Congratulations on your girls!! Please visit the NICU forum for any support you need during their stay. :hug:

9. brieh

brieh Well-Known Member

Hi, we live in Coquitlam and delivered at Royal Columbian. I have nothing but great things to say about the care we (me and the girls) have been getting there. Did your boys come home with you or are they at the hospital??

10. Kristin N

Kristin N Well-Known Member

Congrats on your girls! (We have decided to wait to find out the genders as well) Glad to hear things are going well.

11. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Congrats! I'm glad your girls are doing so well. They were born on a great day (it's my birthday too)! :) Very cute picture, post more when you can.

12. jsmith

jsmith Active Member

We all stayed in the hospital for 5 days, then I was able to bring the boys home with me. The staff really are fantastic, aren't they? We had latching issues (still do so I'm pumping like mad) and everyone was so helpful. If your girls transfer to peds after the NICU you'll meet my sister in law, she is the patient care coordinator there.

13. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your girls!!! And, see you in the First Year Forum!

14. HorseyLover

HorseyLover Well-Known Member

Congrats on your girls!! They are beautiful!

15. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:wub: Congratulations!! :wub:

16. Momof2wonders

Momof2wonders Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! They are adorable[​IMG]

17. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

:woo: Congratulations on your little girls!! :wub: :wub:
    I hope their stay in the NICU is a short one & that they are home with you soon!

18. hemmymomma

hemmymomma Active Member

Aw they are adorable !!!! Congrats on your 2 girls !!! I hope they have a short nicu stay !!!!!!!!!!

19. Misty0314

Misty0314 Well-Known Member

They are so cute!! Congratulations!

20. kryscline

kryscline Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! :clapping: :clapping: Welcome to the world :babyflips: :babyflips: beautiful baby girls!!

21. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :birthday: SWEET GIRLS!!!!!

What a wonderful surprise!!!!!!

22. Daffodils

Daffodils Well-Known Member

I'm a bit late on this but congrats!!! They are adorable :) Hope their NICU stay is short!

23. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

CONGRATS!!! They are beautiful!! Glad to hear they are doing so well!