SURGERY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by davidfaithsmom, Dec 7, 2006.

My DD has to have surgery on her eyes again [​IMG]
    the first one was to clip muscles in both of her eyes to keep them from crossing...now when she looks at you sideways she has what is known as a "upshoot", where her eye goes up... she is having surgery on the 22nd of this month (3 days before christmas). Her vision is perfect so I do have a bright spot in all of this. they just have to:
    1. Put her to sleep.
    2. fix the muscle that is causing the upshoot and I pray that this is the last surgery she will have to endure...
    I feel so bad for her, she has been through alot and I will be happy when all this is over....I am also glad that they are correcting this while she is still young and probably will not remember.

Please keep us in your prayers---Thank you

1. My DD has to have surgery on her eyes again [​IMG]
    the first one was to clip muscles in both of her eyes to keep them from crossing...now when she looks at you sideways she has what is known as a "upshoot", where her eye goes up... she is having surgery on the 22nd of this month (3 days before christmas). Her vision is perfect so I do have a bright spot in all of this. they just have to:
    1. Put her to sleep.
    2. fix the muscle that is causing the upshoot and I pray that this is the last surgery she will have to endure...
    I feel so bad for her, she has been through alot and I will be happy when all this is over....I am also glad that they are correcting this while she is still young and probably will not remember.

Please keep us in your prayers---Thank you

2. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear she has to have surgery AGAIN. Bless her heart... I will definitely keep you all in my prayers, please keep us updated!! [​IMG]

3. heathernd

heathernd Well-Known Member

I'll definitely say a prayer. My son, Jaydon, has already had 2 surgeries and will be having 2 more in the next 3 months, so I can empathize with you.

4. lana123

lana123 Well-Known Member

I will definately keep your family in my prayers. I have a niece that had surgery at 2 for what you described and she doesn't have any problems now. She doesn't even have to wear glasses.

Wishing your DD well
    Lana
    Mom to Joshua and Rachel
    14 mo

5. handlsmom

handlsmom Well-Known Member

Hugs [​IMG] to you!!! I will pray for a successful surgery and fast healing. May God be with your daughter and the rest of your family during this time.

6. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I'm sorry she has to go through that again. Hopefully it will be uneventful and she can have a wonderful Christmas.

7. Moms2NTwins

Moms2NTwins Well-Known Member

[​IMG] my ds4 had eye surgery when he was 3, it was 2 1/2 weeks after the twins were born and I was such a wreck!
    He had esotropia (both eyes) and he is also farsighted and has to wear glasses.
    I sometimes notice when he goes without his glasses his eye starts to turn again. I am so worried he'll have to have surgery again.
    I am sending my thoughts and prayers your way