Surprise- Twins

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ward, Feb 10, 2011.

1. ward

ward Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm new to this forum and was just wanting to share my story so far. Last year my husband and I were trying to get pregnant after our first son turned one, with no luck. Around September I decided to go into to see my doctor because of lack of period. They did all the tests and they were all negative. They put me on birth control to start my cycle. I had a period in October of 2010 and November of 2010 and because the insurance wouldn't cover the birth control we switched to a different one and then my periods stop. Oh we also found out in september that i had a cyst on my right ovarie. So anyway I just figured it was because we switched birth control and didn't think anything of it but i did decide to change my life style. I am an overweight woman and since we wanted to have more kids i decided to get a personal trainer she was working with me and helping me change my diet and work out program. We were two weeks in and decided to get on the scale i had lost only one pound. The following week i started having pain on the right side of my tummy again so i decided to make a doctors appointment. I go in and talk to the doctor about everything how the weight loss isn't there and that i have been working so hard and that may be the birth control is doing something to keep my weight on she did a physical exam and the right side of my tummy hurt really bad during the exam so she said lets go in and do an US we go in to find the cyst and then she tells me i was pregnant with twins. I was so excited. I found out i was 9 weeks pregnant and didn't even know. that was Friday February 4th. We also found that i did indeed have a 5.4cm cyst on my right ovarie/ Two days ago on the 8th i started bleeding really bad and passed two HUGE clots. I was frantic, thought i was loosing our gifts from god. Went to the emergency room and they did a sonogram and found both babies were still with us and moving. I had my follow up appointment today and they are both wiggling so much we couldn't get the heart beat long enough to really hear it because they were just a moving around. The doctor said that my cyst possibly ruptured, she also said she could no longer see it on the US she has since put me on bed rest till next week. I'm still bleeding but only lightly and very greatfull my twins are still with me. The purpose in writing this is to gain new friends of multiples that would give me advice and help keep me calm. I would also LOVE to help anyone else out if possible. If anyone else has had this same thing happen to them I would love to hear about it.

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congrats and welcome! There are quite a few newbies on here this week. :)

3. ward

ward Well-Known Member

thank you

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi & welcome to TS! I have to say, I like your taste in names. ;) I've had cysts burst before- that pain is intense.

5. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Congrats and welcome to TS. Hopefully the remainder of your pregnancy will go smoothly

6. ward

ward Well-Known Member

we haven't decided on names for the twins LOL mainly cuz we don't know what we are having yet. The pain with the cyst was bad but the rupturing of it didn't hurt it at all which I am very greatful for.

7. ward

ward Well-Known Member

thank you

8. slavila

slavila Well-Known Member

Congrats!! Welcome to the group! How exciting that we are getting so many new people on the board the past few days!

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! and welcome to TS!!!!

10. Henderson

Henderson Well-Known Member

congrats and welcome I also had a bleed at 7 weeks with my twins a sub chorionic hemorage all is fine now no more bleeds and going strong at 25 weeks!

11. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Congrats & welcome ! You will get slot of great supports and advices here! You're in the right place! Don't worry too much. Rest rest rest relax relax you will be fine

12. ward

ward Well-Known Member

thank you for the warm welcome everyone. This is SO new to me. Well not being pregnant but the twins is VERY new to me. Thank you again

13. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

That darn birth control :D. Congratulations!!

2 people like this.
  14. MommyCubed

MommyCubed Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!

15. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations and I hope you have an easy pregnancy!

16. ward

ward Well-Known Member

thank you!!!!