Suspended from the bus

Discussion in 'General' started by Tamaralynn, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Donevan was again suspended form the bus, but for 5 days this week. Given his past history, and the fact that 3 days off the bus only made him behave for 2 days, I have decided to switch his daycare and pull him off the bus. He'll be going to the in school daycare now, the twins will stay where they are, they are happy there and I don't want to disrupt the routine they have. I hate having to move him, but I feel it is the best decision for his safety.

2. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Hopefully this will. :hug: you been thru so much lately

3. Tamaralynn

Thanks. :) Things are starting to stack up. I can't wait to leave on the 18th for a week. I need a week in the sun and on the beach.

1 person likes this.
  4. Tamaralynn

I picked Donevan up at school and dropped him off at daycare earlier, and on the way I told him that he is no longer allowed to take the bus and next week will be his last week at his daycare as he'll be starting a new one. He cried. :( Big heart breaking sobs with huge tears. I really think there was something else going on on the bus, but with no camera's I'll never know the whole story. The daycare he is currently at is sad to see him go and they don't understand why he is acting out as he is. They told me at daycare he is well behaved and listens extremely well. Makes me wonder.

5. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

There probably is something else on the bus. Keep an eye out to see if anything else happens (since you'll be in and out of the old day care too)

I think this will take a whole lot of stress off of him and you so it's a good thing (after you get the drop off/pick ups figured out!)

6. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Sorry you had to make that decision .. but it seems like it might be best. It will take some getting used to .. but he'll adjust. :)

7. Tamaralynn

I think it well too. He is upset that he won't see his friends at daycare anymore, he is good friends with quite a few of the boys there. There is another JKer that takes the bus from that daycare, he is the only little one left on the bus. I talk to him mom, so if there is something going on, I am sure she'll say something to me. She was also surprised about Donevan. As for drop off and pick up, I think I will more then likely drop the twins off first then take Donevan to his daycare or the other way around. I'll see what works better it may take a few runs to get it all figured out. It is going to suck next semester when I have an 8am class!

8. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

Oh, that's such a shame and a difficult decision but I think you are right in trying to change what is obviously a situation where you don't know what is going on and who knows what could happen next. He will adjust (so will you unfortunately) but amazingly it will all turn out for the better, I am sure. He will make new friends and they will be at his school also so that is a major plus!
    Where are you going?

9. Tamaralynn

We are going to Punta Cana!

10. Tamaralynn

He will, he is very social. I just really didn't want to move him.

11. twinkler

I had no idea where that was lol so I just googled it.... oh wow, you are going to have so much fun, that looks amazing!

12. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

After all you have been through lately you deserve a break!! I hope the new daycare works out. I hate when you feel helpess as a parent and it was completely out of your hands.

13. Tamaralynn

It well be my second time going. It's beautiful there! This is the resort we are going to: http://www.barcelo.com/BarceloHotels/en-GB/Hotels/DominicanRepublic/PuntaCana/PuntaCana/Home?GO_062011_ROS_S1_en_US_H267&gclid=CPGt2sHDrawCFasEQAodyGZuFg

14. Tamaralynn

It definitely sucks and I have been feeling helpless a lot lately.

15. twinkler

Wow, the boys are going to love it! I am so envious, I can just imagine you lying on a pool hammock sipping margaritas :)

16. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

I just caught up on all your bus issues...how horrible!!!! I can't believe that would happen to a child who isn't even 4 yet, unbelievable. You made a difficult decision but hopefully it will be better for everyone :).

Have an amazing trip!!!!

17. Tamaralynn

Thanks! Donevan told my father last night that the boy he had to sit with was hitting him, so he hit him back. Donevan has told me the same thing 3-4 times. The boy he sat with is 12 and the bus drivers son. He is also the one D "beat up" with his school bag, so I am feeling that what happened to D is a tad bit hyprocritical and unfair.

18. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

The bus drivers son??? Well, there you have it! Donovon is being blamed for defending himself when the bus driver's 12 year old acts out. I'm sure this will be a huge change to your routine, but sounds like it might be really good for Donovan not to have that stress every day.

Have a wonderful time in Punta Cana. My best friend just came back from the Barcelo, actually. She said it was awesome - just make sure you're not in the 3000 block of rooms because they're right above the disco. We're going to Punta Cana in the Spring and I can't wait.

Enjoy!

19. Tamaralynn

Exactly, I am kind of peeved over the whole situation now, but what is done is done and it may be better for Donevan, although he is completely heart broken. He cried this morning when he couldn't get on the bus. Next week is his last week at the daycare he currently goes to and I know he'll cry on his last day. :(

Thanks for the tip about the 300 block!

20. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Why is a 12 year old riding a bus with such young kids? Sorry this is happening and that YOU are the one who has to make other arrangements. :hug: You do deswerve a break. I hope you enjoy your vacation!

21. Tamaralynn

I know he doesn't go to Donevan's school, but the kids on the bus are from Junior Kindergarten-Grade 6

22. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

I'm sorry it has turned out like this, but sounds like it might be best for Donevan.

Enjoy Punta Cana!! I love it there!!

23. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

I'm sorry your son had to deal with such a bully on the bus and to have it be the bus drivers child makes it even worse and so unfair. I know you have already made your decision to change day care's and your son will no longer be riding the bus but I still hope you make someone aware at the school that this child "might have been" part of the reason your son acted out on the bus.

24. momof5

momof5 Well-Known Member

In my opinion 3 year olds should not be on a bus with 12 year olds. I hope the new situation works out great!

25. Tamaralynn

I don't know if it would do any good. It's Donevan word against a 12 yr old and his mother the driver. I feel like it is a lose lose situation.

26. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

I agree it's probably not going to do your child's situation any good but if the center/school has the info even in the back of their minds any future bullied child may be believed next time this son of the driver bullies someone. Your child may not be the first child he bullied and most likely will not be the last.

27. Tamaralynn

Very true. I will contact the bus company and speak to the Principal at Donevan's school.

28. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Yes I'd still report it but not try to put him back on that bus

29. Tamaralynn

I am not going to put him back on the bus, I don't think it would do him any good. His old daycare wanted to know if I would move him back during the summer and try the bus again next yr. They really don't want him to go, but I don't think it is fair to Donevan to move him back and forth, so I told them I would more then likely keep him at the school daycare, but the twins will continue to go to their present one.