Sweet Toddler Moments

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by twinboys07, Sep 5, 2008.

1. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

My boys have had a renewed interest in BFing lately and are just LOVING it. It is really sweet. Jackson, who was not generally very affectionate or interested in BFing has become very affectionate and loves BFing now. He nuzzles into my chest and gets so happy when he nurses. It's the best!! Jacob has started signing "more" when he is waiting for another let-down (I am assuming... I have never really been able to feel my let-downs), and he also says "bye bye" soooo sweetly to the milk when nursing time is done (this kid would nurse all day if we didn't have mommy-imposed "bye bye" moments).

Their little eyes are so sweet and content when they are BFing. With busy toddlers, the quiet BFing moments are all that much more special.

Anyway, just had to share. It is such a sweet stage! :wub:

To all of you who are struggling with the early stages, it does get better-- I PROMISE!! I had a miserable time in my first 3 months and wanted to quit every SINGLE day. It's gotten soooooo much better. :hug: to all of you!!

2. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

Your post made me miss bfing my toddlers, nursing toddlers is the best!!!! Thanks for the great post Erin :hug:

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:wub: Ahhh... sweet!

4. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

I'm SO jealous. That was such a sweet post. I love that he's signing for more.

5. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Oh, that is so sweet! And I totally know what you mean. Mine also really mellowed out with nursing sometime after they turned one, and went from being super-distracted to just dawdling and taking all day and loving it. It is such a great reward for the early days! Early on, you work your butt off with no real rewards; now, it's like they can finally say "Thank you." You really see how much they appreciate it. :wub:

6. lah17

lah17 Well-Known Member

I find nursing really calms the boys down. It gives them nutrition, but also balances them. I find after they play for a while with me, each other, their sisters, etc and they start to fuss--they'll come over and nuzzle. After they nurse they're ready to play again---it's like they took a power nap and are refreshed!
    It really fills an emotional need besides just a physical. That reminds me when I had mastitis I asked the pharmacist if the medicine was safe to take while breastfeeding--he said, "Can't you just stop for 10 days while you take it?" I was like--um it's not that easy!! (The medicine was fine.)

Lisa

7. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(motherof5 @ Sep 6 2008, 08:06 PM) [snapback]967246[/snapback]
    "Can't you just stop for 10 days while you take it?"

LOL!!! <_< Some medical professionals are so uneducated when it comes to BFing. So frustrating!

I had a podiatrist ask me if BFing hurt, because he had heard that it hurt (not just initially but like every single time!). My babies were 3 months old (no teeth) when I went to him... and that really perplexed and saddened me. What a terrible association. I mean, yes, it's tough getting started, and I truly feel for women who experience painful BFing (I had my own moments), but "pain" is indicative of something being wrong, not characteristic of the typical healthy BFing experience!

Anyway..............................

Thanks for all of your sweet comments, ladies! :)