Swollen feet and ankles!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by JessicaHollenbeck, Jun 22, 2013.

Help! This is my first pregnancy and I am expecting twins and I am almost 4 months (16 weeks) along. I have swollen feet and ankles already is this normal this early? I have been walking around quite a bit today.

Also, what a great support site for parents with and expecting multiples! I love how positive and supporting it is! I am a newbie here ;-)

1. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Mine started that early with the twins. Even earlier. As long as your BP is fine and they don't find protein in your urine, it's nothing to worry about. Restrict salt, drink lots of water, put your feet up whenever you can, and invest now in a pair of compression stockings.

2. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Agree with the above. I was swelled up for so long....after I had the boys and the swelling went away, I was amazed to see my ankles again!! Welcome!!!!

3. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Be prepared for it to become worse. By the end of my twin pregnancy, the swelling didn't even go down overnight. It took a week or two after the babies were born before it went away, and then suddenly ankles!!! It's not nearly as bad this time with my singleton (even at seven months in the summer). I don't get a lot of other pregnancy ills, so I figured it could be worse, but it is sooooo annoying!

4. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My swelling started really early as well. At five months, the cops had to come to our house (bad neighborhood) and the lady cop wanted to call an ambulance for me because I was so swollen.

But yeah, prepare for it to get bad. I ended up having to wear a pair of men's wide flip flops, and that was all that would fit. Keep your feet up!