swollen feet/ankles

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by chicklet71, Nov 7, 2012.

1. chicklet71

chicklet71 Active Member

ok, my stupid silly rant for today...i swear at 34 weeks, my feet/ankles and lower leg look like ONE HUGE *** sausage.......gross! :(

i see the doc tomorrow for my 34 week non stress test and i already know its 'edema' that I have, but still....am i allowed to complain here for two secs that it looks gross and i hate wearing flip flops now even though thats the only thing my feet fit into, LOL (ps-i live in SoCal so flip flops are worn all year round) ;)

2. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Oh I know that feeling all too well. You could press down on my feet and it'd leave a huge crater, not just an indention but a crater, it was so gross! My flip flops were too tight, it sucked! Luckily it all went away with in 2 weeks after birth though. One thing my doc was worried about was preeclampsia, have you been tested for it? By the end of my pregnancy I did have a mild case of pre-e.

Hang in there! :grouphug:

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: Hang in there. And with twins you earn the right to wear whatever is comfortable...no matter how it looks. :) Good luck at your appt. tomorrow.

4. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, you can complain to us!! We all understand! Let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow! :grouphug:

5. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I sympathize! Hang in there - it will get better!

6. astewart0610

astewart0610 Well-Known Member

As everyone else said hang in there!! I was super swollen as well, don't be too surprised if your doc blows it off when u complain.. mine always felt the need.to tell me.it was.normal and to relax. Sometimes you just wanna scream at them to show a little sympothy. I even had a little more swelling after the cesarean. Chin up hun it will be over before you know it!! Then all you will care about is how tired you are but how wonderful your babies are