Swollen feet

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Heathermomof5, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I have never had any swelling this early ( I am 24 weeks 4 days) my ankles are swollen tonight, not too bad but still swollen. I am trying to drink a ton of water and I am sitting with my feet up. should I do anything else??

2. babyhopes09

babyhopes09 Well-Known Member

Have you had your BP checked recently? I know that swollen feet/hands can indicate high blood pressure.. just a thought! I had swollen hands the other night and felt awful and found my BP was fine.. just needed to cut back on physical activity a bit.... hahahahaha!

1 person likes this.
  3. mkcondrey

mkcondrey Well-Known Member

I had some swelling beginning around that time, as well. It isn't every day and it is usually only by the end of the day. Do you wear shoes with a heel at all? I tend to always have some sort of heel because I am only 5'1" and I seem to need a heel so my pants/jeans aren't so long on me all the time. But, I noticed that if I wore a heeled shoe my feet were definitely swollen by the end of the day. I also noticed if I stand too much or sit too much I am swollen. (so frustrating!) I guess I just try to drink a lot of water and try not to sit or stand for too long a period at once. I also try not to cross my legs when sitting and try to prop my feet up on the coffee table or ottoman when I sit. Anyway, hope this helps - not one of the most fun things to deal with, is it? ugh!

1 person likes this.
  4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Thanks!! You helped me a lot!! I have been up and about a good bit today and actually yesterday too. My bp may also be up a bit, it was a stressful day and I ate a fish sandwich Which I am sure was loaded with salt. I have been craving the stupid things and today I just could not pass it up LOL!!! I wish I could wear a heeled shoe but as dang clumsy as I am, I would surely break my neck! I actually did sprain my ankle in a pair of thicker soled tennis shoes I wish I could say I was running or something but I was standing in the dollar store LOL!!!!!