Table food suggestions

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Double Vision, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Double Vision

Double Vision Well-Known Member

Our twin girls are 8 months now. They eat stage 2 foods twice a day along with puffs and some fruits in the smash holder (the anti-choking hand held thing).

One baby has 6 teeth the other has only 2, what are some suggestions for small table foods.
    Thanks,
    Stacy

2. mnm000

mnm000 Well-Known Member

I guess in somewhat of an order of how we introduced finger foods/adult food:

7-8 mos - Bananas, avocado (a favorite still!), baked sweet potato chunks, really ripe or baked plums, peaches, pears, apples, baby mum mums, puffs

9 mos - baked chicken pieces, ground beef, ground chicken, ground turkey, cheerios, baked/steamed carrots, green beans, peas, blue berries

Probably not until 10 mos or so:
    Toast, waffles, ravioli.... And now pretty much anything and everything!

Good luck!

ETA - My babies are really late to get teeth - One has 6 at 1 year, and the other still only has 2!!! And these are all foods they eat

3. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hmmm....here are things off the top of my head:

cheerios/kix
    grilled cheese
    toast/jelly/pureed fruit
    chicken
    pork
    turkey
    meatballs
    pasta
    mashed potatoes
    sweet potatoes
    strawberries
    peaches
    bananas
    gerber puffs
    pancakes
    mac-n-cheese

My daughter was nine months before I did almost any of these foods. And she has just gotten her teeth in(five actually)! I remember Nicholas had hardly any, IF any, when he first started table foods. They learn to mash the food with their gums. Enjoy the new adventures! :)

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Around 9 months we kinda started like Meaghan, anything and everything that was soft enough to be mashed! They don't actually use their teeth to chew, their gums are hard enough to mash things, so teeth aren't a necessity :)