Talk about melting your heart!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by megkc03, Nov 19, 2009.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

When I put the boys down for their nap/bedtime, I say the same three things over and over again-"Night night" "Bye Bye" "Love You."

And-they've said them back to me as well. EXCEPT Love you. That is...until today(errr...yesterday seeing how it's past midnight)! I nearly fainted!

I said my schpiel(?) to Nicholas and then to Anthony. When I was done with Anthony, I hear Nicholas go, "Love you!" It's the last thing I say to them, so it was what he just heard me say to Anthony. I couldn't believe it! And then-he said it again at bedtime!

Music to my ears! They certainly know how to take a bad day(it was a good day though) and make everything in the world right again! Talk about melting your heart!!!

I honestly wish they never had to grow up...

Oh-and I think it's safe to say-the speech therapy has done wonders! ;)

2. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

:wub: The most amazing moment EVER!

3. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

:wub: Super cute!
    We say " nigh-night, mama see you in the morning, love you" and although mine cant say love you they can sign it so they throw their little hand up and sign it to me just before I close their door each night :)

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Awesome :wub:

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:wub: :cry: Isn't it the greatest feeling to hear that?

6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Aww so sweet :wub:

7. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

Aaaaawwwww :wub: :wub: LOVE IT!!

8. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So sweet :wub: .

9. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

It's the best thing ever! It will certainly brighten a day! That and the kisses, and the belly laughs. They still say it so sweetly too.

Another cute one - Yesterday DH picked the boys up from daycare because I had left work sick. I went out to the car to help bring them in and Mason said "Hold". They've learned to ask to hold things like their banana, etc. I didn't have anything so I said "Hold, what?". He said "Hold you... Mommy". So cute and I got a big ol' hug!

10. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

I remember the exact moment the 1st time ds put his arms around my neck & said "I love you Mama" the 1st time all on his own. Moments like that you just want to keep forever!