Tandem Nursing video

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by twinkler, Sep 20, 2012.

1. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

Wish I had had the large couch! It sure would have helped...

Tandem nursing

2. j-squared

j-squared Well-Known Member

This is how I nursed my twins tandem when they were smaller. I think I even watched this video beforehand but forgot about it.

They have been too big to tandem since about 4.5 months old though. They kept rolling off the pillow. I kind of miss being able to nurse them at the same time.

We have a regular sized sofa and that does help! I could easily put one baby on either side of me in a boppy.

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I love that video! I moved to the floor once my kiddos were roly poly. They really were never keen on taking turns. ;)

4. jdorourk

jdorourk Well-Known Member

That is how I nursed mine too. I stopped tandem feeding around 4.5 mos because they were taking around 7 min to nurse and it was just easier to nurse one at a time. Hard to believe they used to take 20-30 min to nurse in the very beginning and I could sit and watch almost a full tv show while they nursed!

5. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I think it's a great video! I personally only tandem feed if both the babies are very fussy and just not willing to wait but that's pretty rare. (Nothing against it - all my girls have been pretty quick eaters from the getgo so it just hasn't been necessary.) It's normally at night when they just won't settle down and of course I never have the pillow nearby but that's what improvisation is for, right? ;)

6. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

WISH I had watched this. Oh well.

7. j-squared

j-squared Well-Known Member

I miss being able to watch an entire show too! I think I got through several seasons of a couple shows on my 12 weeks maternity leave because I was nursing most of the day. lol

I missed who's nursing on the floor now.. How do you do it? It's a bit irrelevant for me, but I'm curious. Mine are so distracted now that they barely nurse during the day and I can't be bothered to wrestle two at once at nighttime anymore. Plus, DS is about 19 pounds and DD is about 17 pounds. I can't get both of them on the pillow at the same time no matter what I do.

8. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I nursed mine tandem on the pillow until 14.5 months. They were football hold with legs in the air against the back of the couch. It was 45 pounds of baby on that pillow!

9. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yup, this but on the floor & legs up the wall. We nursed this way till the girls were 2. As they got older, they'd sometimes roll off the pillow, crawl around for a bit, then come back & finish up. Usually though they just nursed & then off they went. :pardon: