Teacher Gifts

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by sulik110202, May 30, 2013.

1. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

My kids are done with Kindergarten in 2 weeks. Do you give end of the year teacher gifts? That is all some of my friends on facebook are talking about and they are all doing these eleborate crafts and presents. I don't remember doing this when I was in school and am just curious if this end of the year gift is a normal thing. Thanks.

2. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I usually just give the money for the class gift. Our school collects $10 for the teacher and $5 if their is an aide in the class.

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have no idea. I haven't seen anything go out via email, so I would probably do a $10 gift card for each teacher (there are 4, both classes have two teachers, no aides.)

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Our class moms are collecting money for a class gift. Aside from that my girls will probably write a thank you card to their teachers for a wonderful kindergarten year.

5. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

Here are some ideas that I found on Pinterest last year. I have used several throughout the year, then at the end I use another one, but attach a card and gift card.

“You are out of this world” tag attached to a Milky Way or Mars candy bar
    “You deserve an extra payday!” tag attached to a Payday candy bar
    “There is no ’sub’stitute for you!” tag attached to a gift card for the local sub shop
    “You are ‘extra’ special” tag with a pack of Extra Gum
    “Thanks for helping Blake ‘bloom’” tag with a bouquet of flowers
    “We appreciate the ‘mounds’ of work you do!” tag attached to a Mounds candy bar
    “Thanks for giving Blake a hand” tag with hand lotion
    “Thanks a ‘latte’!” tag with a gift card from local coffee shop, special coffees or travel mug
    “You are ’souper’! – soup mix, custom decorated soup bowls or homemade soup
    “You are a ‘treasure’ tag with Treasures candy
    “You really measure up” tag with a cool ruler, yardstick or measuring tape
    “You are the apple of our eye” with a basket of apples (construction paper leaves with nice sayings—A+ teacher, you’re special etc. can be hot glued to the stems)
    “You are ‘tea’rrific!” tag with a selection of teas
    “You deserve a ‘break’ today! Thanks for your hard work” tag with a McDonald’s gift certificates
    “You are a smart cookie” tag with homemade cookies
    “Thanks for a ‘picture’ perfect year” tag with movie coupons or nice picture frame
    “Thanks for making our school year bright” tag with a package of highlighters
    “Thanks for helping Blake grow” tag with flower seeds
    “You are o’fish’ally the best!” tag attached to Goldfish Crackers
    “Thanks for lighting the way” or “You light up our world” with a nice candle
    “We are your biggest ‘fan’!”with a cute desk fan, hand held fan or paper fan.
    “Thanks for the ‘time’ you spend with Blake” tag on a cute clock, fun watch or pretty appointment book
    “We are fortunate to have you!” tag with a Chinese take out box filled with fortune cookies
    “You have been a ‘bright’ spot in our year!” tag with a package of highlighters
    “You are a joy!” tag attached to an Almond Joy candy bar
    “Thanks for giving Blake a hand!” tag attached to work or garden gloves filled with candy
    “You have been just ‘write’ for Blake!” package of nice pencils or pens in a case or container
    “You rock!” tag with pop rocks, rock candy, Rock Star soft drink or painted rock for a paperweight

6. tarcoulis

tarcoulis Well-Known Member

We usually give a gift card to somewhere like Target so they can get something nice for themselves, use it to replenish classroom supplies or for their own household use. If you know they have a particular interest or hobby you could get a more specific gift. My kids had a teacher who loved gadgets so we gave a 10-in-1 screwdriver type multi-tool thing which she loved. And I never believed them before when teachers would say the best gift is a heartfelt note from the student or parents, but since experiencing it myself, it really is true.

7. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I get the teachers each a gift card at the end of the year. I do $20 and let each kid decide where they want to get it from. We generally get it to a restaurant that way the teacher can enjoy something outside of school. :good:

8. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Our school does volunteer collections. I give the requested $5 per teacher. The money gets split between their two teachers.

9. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

We give each main teacher a 25.00 gift card to a variety of places depending on the teacher's likes. Art/music/pe teachers get a 15.00 gift card and aides get a 10.00 gift card. We also write a nice message in a thank you card.

10. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've been making up a pot of herbs for the teacher's year end gifts for several years now. Since our year end is next week, and teacher appreciation week was just a couple weeks ago, I don't do both, it's either or. I forgot about the teacher appreciate week, so they'll get their gifts next week. 1 pot with 2-3 herbs planted in it. I love cooking with fresh herbs, and even if they hate cooking, at least the herbs smell good ;)

11. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. I think I am going to have the kids write a note and then get a gift card.

12. Christel

Christel Well-Known Member

we don't. between the 5 kids in school, they have 26 teachers and 4 aids. plus coaches.