TEENAGERS!

Discussion in 'General' started by niftywriter, Jan 5, 2009.

1. niftywriter

niftywriter Well-Known Member

Hi All! Just wanted to share my sudden realization that as of today (E&K's birthday), am now the mother of four teenagers and one twenty-something! I have no more pre-teens! :cry:

On the upside, however, what a wonderful ride it has been so far, and I am looking forward to watching these two youngest develop into the great young men I know they are going to be!

2. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

:hug: Hey we're now riding in the same boat! I guess this means we'll both be experiencing an empty nest at the same time. Maybe we could travel somewhere together :D.

Happy Birthday to E and K!!

3. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

:birthday: to E&K!

Although I have two young ones, I have been thinking a lot about my teens lately. Just now I was working up a trousseau list for them (boys would never think to do this). I think I'm going to see if I can get the relatives to think in this direction for the next few bdays/Christmases instead of just another video game!

4. niftywriter

niftywriter Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Donita @ Jan 5 2009, 11:34 AM) [snapback]1133754[/snapback]
    :hug: Hey we're now riding in the same boat! I guess this means we'll both be experiencing an empty nest at the same time. Maybe we could travel somewhere together :D.

Happy Birthday to E and K!!

You're on!

QUOTE(rubyturquoise @ Jan 5 2009, 12:06 PM) [snapback]1133816[/snapback]
    :birthday: to E&K!

Although I have two young ones, I have been thinking a lot about my teens lately. Just now I was working up a trousseau list for them (boys would never think to do this). I think I'm going to see if I can get the relatives to think in this direction for the next few bdays/Christmases instead of just another video game!

What a great idea, Ruby!!

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

:birthday: E & K!

6. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Happy birthday E & K!!

Renee, I am sure that is sad to not have those preteens but you always have such a great POV. What a positive way to put it.

7. aussietwinsX2

aussietwinsX2 New Member

Congrats on your teenager milestone! My older twins have just turned 13 and the younger ones will be 13 in 14 months time! I have no idea how I am going to cope with 3 girls going through their early teens all at once! How is their brother going to cope when he is going to be maturing too! What a hectic time it will be!!!!

8. Bichon999

Bichon999 Well-Known Member

Hurray! As an update, if most of you didn't notice, Danica is now 17 as of January 5th. Dakota did have his 16th b-day. we survived.

9. 4kids4Cat

4kids4Cat Well-Known Member

Hi Renée!
    Happy Birthday to E&K! :birthday:

With Curtis sending out college applications, I am facing the fact that both of my big boys will be out of the house in less than a year. :cry: Wow, how do they grow up so fast? Of course, I have K&K, so no empty nest syndrome for quite a while, but it feels like one phase of my life is almost over. It's not a bad thing; it's just different. Wow.
    Okay, you caught me late, and I am pensive. :blush:

You are an awesome mom. :D I have no doubt E&K will grow up into the wonderful men you expect they'll be. :good:

10. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Renée, now you're in the same boat as me! All teens (or older). Happy Birthday to E&K!! Teenagers are AWESOME!!!!!!

11. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

That is exciting!

12. Bichon999

:birthday: E&K!!!

It's okay! Mona and I are teenagers, and we're not terrible!!!
    are we??? I really hope not!
    Well, we can't be as bad as Dakota.
    Dakota is taking his driving test, btw.
    This is rather frightening. Just the thought of him in a very large, very dangerous car. eek!
    We r turnin' 14, btw! In april!
    (and don't remind me about Jacko's birthday. I don't want him to grow up)

13. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

So how did Dakota do on his driving test?

14. Bichon999

QUOTE(Donita @ Jan 28 2009, 09:58 PM) [snapback]1166823[/snapback]
    So how did Dakota do on his driving test?

He passed! I'm happy, but also pretty scared...
    He wants his own car, but as their are six kids in this house that's not going to happen anytime soon
    He's upset because his friend (who has one sibling) got a new car when he got his license, so now Dakota keeps saying how he hates his family and wished he didn't have any siblings. (But I know he doesn't mean it, he's just mad because he wants a car.)
    Anyways, I hope all of this drama passes soon!

15. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

Congrats to Dakota!

16. Bichon999

QUOTE(Donita @ Feb 11 2009, 08:36 PM) [snapback]1186798[/snapback]
    Congrats to Dakota!

Thank you!

Now if we bother him about it enough he'll take us places.
    Maybe.
    If he's in the right mood. Lately, we've been trying to get on his good side.