teeth grinding

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Brownie110, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Brownie110

Brownie110 Well-Known Member

My DS wont let me check for teeth...but I know he has top 4 coming in...last night before putting him to bed he was grinding his teeth together.....Is this normal.....Im kinda hoping it was just a fluke thing and something he just realized that he has more teeth

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

He is probably just checking out how it feels with a nice set of chompers in his mouth. :pardon:

3. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Brownie110 @ Feb 20 2009, 07:16 AM) [snapback]1197604[/snapback]
    My DS wont let me check for teeth...but I know he has top 4 coming in...last night before putting him to bed he was grinding his teeth together.....Is this normal.....Im kinda hoping it was just a fluke thing and something he just realized that he has more teeth

This sounds right. If it continues, then I'd call the pedi. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't though.

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

QUOTE(SweetGirl @ Feb 20 2009, 07:34 AM) [snapback]1197624[/snapback]
    This sounds right. If it continues, then I'd call the pedi. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't though.

Yep, totally normal. Lots of babies do it when they first get teeth.

5. Brownie110

thank you so much...I was kind of worried....(as always )

QUOTE(becky5 @ Feb 20 2009, 09:50 AM) [snapback]1197715[/snapback]
    Yep, totally normal. Lots of babies do it when they first get teeth.

6. 2plusbgtwins

2plusbgtwins Well-Known Member

I dont have any experience with mine doing it that early.. but I just wanted to add that my 4 yr old DD grinds her teeth at night, (her dad does it too) and I spoke with her pedi about it at last years check up and they said they wouldnt even do anything for it when they are this young b/c any type of guard or anything they would give them would be a choking hazard.

Just an FYI in case he continues. I dont know if your pedi would recommend anything since he is so young.

7. Brownie110

hes still doing it....I will just have to keep an eye on him.....if he continues to do it all the time....then Im sure it wouldnt hurt to call ped....Im sure there is nothing to be done so young (10 1/2 months)

QUOTE(2plusbgtwins @ Feb 20 2009, 12:46 PM) [snapback]1197951[/snapback]
    I dont have any experience with mine doing it that early.. but I just wanted to add that my 4 yr old DD grinds her teeth at night, (her dad does it too) and I spoke with her pedi about it at last years check up and they said they wouldnt even do anything for it when they are this young b/c any type of guard or anything they would give them would be a choking hazard.

Just an FYI in case he continues. I dont know if your pedi would recommend anything since he is so young.

8. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

My girls did this too when they first got their top teeth. It drove me NUTS! But the thing that really stopped them was to ignore it. The more I cringed, the more they did it to get a reaction out of me. When I stopped reacting, it became less fun I guess. From talking to other moms, its pretty common.

9. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My DS does this! At first I had no idea what he was doing, it freaked me out! Totally normal!

10. eechy

eechy Well-Known Member

My DD did it for a couple of days. It was so revolting! She seems over it now. Of course DS is getting his top teeth in this week, so I'm sure he'll do it a bit, too. Ick.