Tell me about your 32 weekers

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by KPeterson206, Mar 3, 2013.

1. KPeterson206

KPeterson206 Member

Currently hospitalized with preterm labor. I am 32 weeks and 2 days along. On magnesium to give us time to get our second set of steroid injections. We had the first two shots at 25 weeks. I am 1 cm dialated and responding well to the magnesium, but it did take quite awhile to calm down. Getting off it in the AM and back on nifedipine which I've been on since 25 weeks. We are hoping this keep our boys cooking but there is no guarantee. I'd love to hear about your 32 week twins and delivery/nicu experiences. Thanks ladies :)

2. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

Hi there! I had my twins at 31+6 weeks. I had steroid shots at 31+1 and 31+2 weeks. Went into labor at 31+4 days and spent exactly 38 hours on magnesium at 4cm dilated, which was not helpful in stopping my labor. Delivered 2 breech baby boys via emergency c-section at 31+6 weeks because their feet were presenting through my cervix (5 cm). They were 4lbs 3oz and 4lbs 7oz, a great size for babies of their gestation. They were perfectly healthy and did not need a ventilator, but spent about 3 weeks in the NICU to grow and learn to eat. The NICU was a ridiculous roller coaster of emotions... from joy to gratitude to guilt to sadness, but the nurses on staff were so wonderful and knew what to expect from NICU moms. My twins were behind developmentally, but caught up by one year. They are now happy, healthy, rambunctious 4 year olds with no lasting effects of their prematurity.

Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions! Hang in there, mama!!