Tell me about your favorite beach vacation?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by siobhan, Nov 1, 2009.

1. siobhan

siobhan Well-Known Member

We are looking for a kid friendly place, maybe Carribean, Florida.. Thanks

2. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We typically spend every summer on Cape Cod and that was the only beach that my kids knew until this past summer. We spent a week in the Outer Banks in NC (Corolla). It was beautiful and I highly recommend it. As for FLA, I've been to Ft. Myers, Naples and Key West most recently. I love Naples!! When are you planning your vacation?

3. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

HUATULCO, Oaxaca Mexico

http://www.geographia.com/mexico/huatulco/index.htm

Very kid friendly in that a several of the beaches are actually perpendicular to open sea and are no rougher surf wise than a small lake. Here's one resorts kid's offering

http://www.huatulco-dreaming.com/children.htm

There are also lots of nice condos/villas which are good for picky eater families, cook for yourself.
    http://www.mexicanoceanfrontvillas.com/

4. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

We just went to Destin, Florida in September. It was the best vacation we have had since having the twins. We stayed at Destin West Resort. This was a great resort...very, very kid friendly. Has tons of stuff to do...lazy river, tons of pools, splash garden, etc... The beaches are gorgeous in Destin with white sands and crystal, clear green water.

We also have been to Kauai, Hawaii (Poipu Beach area). This was before the twins. However, this is a very kid friendly beach destination, too. We went with my BIL & SIL & neice. She was 4 at the time. Anyways, we had a great vacation then and cannot wait until we can take the twins. Hawaii is now one of my FAVORITE places.

5. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

We did Beaches and FDA in Jamaica, very child friendly and all inclusive. Also recommend Kiawah Island in SC. Did go to Club Med in Florida but wouldn't recommend it.

6. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

We had a fabulous time at the beach in San Diego, CA. I doubt it would be warm enough that time of year though.

Have a great time. This is an awesome age for beach fun!

7. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Ft. Walton Beach was our best vacation. We went during Fall break, so the beginning of October, and practically had the entire beach to ourselves. We stayed at the Holiday Inn at Ft. Walton and it was really great.

8. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

We went to Ft Myers Beach. It was much cheaper then the other islands around Ft Myers. There are no extras very close, but all are within easy driving distance. We got a two bedroom apartment for a week and just enjoyed the beach. It was nice because we could bring the babies back to rest and then whiz off with the other kids to do a bit of site seeing. When there wasn't a thousands things to do around you, the kids just relaxed and enjoyed what we had right there. Saved us money that way too! There was a very small water park on the island (thus not crowded or over stimulating for the little ones and yet enough for the older ones). There were plenty of things to do right on the beach as well, jet skis, fishing off the dock, parasailing.