Telling your carseats apart...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by MomofOneplusTwins, Jul 5, 2009.

1. MomofOneplusTwins

MomofOneplusTwins Well-Known Member

We have the same car seat for our twin boys, and I was wondering how others have labeled their seats so you can tell who's seat is who's. Is there a cute product out there that woudl work well to do this? Or, should I get out a sharpie? :)

Thanks!

2. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

Is there a reason that they each need their own? I only ask because we never assigned ours carseats, still don't. However now that Aly is so much smaller we do have to adjust the straps but they are pretty easy to do.
    Also are you talking about the infant carseats or the convertable ones? On our infant ones we had toys that hung down from the top and maybe you could put different toys so you know whos is whos..

Sorry I'm not much help, I'm sure someone else will have a better idea!

3. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

Unless they are different sizes, it really doesn't matter. Mine were very different sizes so the straps were adjusted differently. I put different small toys around the handles so I could tell at a glance which was which.

4. rajeshris

rajeshris Well-Known Member

We got two different colored strap cushions (the ones that go around so they don't scratch their neck). That way we know which one goes with which.

5. MomofOneplusTwins

MomofOneplusTwins Well-Known Member

This would be because of the difference in size. The infant seats are not as easy to adjust the straps each time you used them, so I would rather know they are going in the right seat, especially with family helping....

6. krisdeb04

krisdeb04 Well-Known Member

We have a ribbon tied on the handle of Lacey's carseat so we can tell the difference.

7. twointheoven

twointheoven Well-Known Member

One of my boys spits up, so I always know his is the one with stains on the straps! :lol:

8. piccologirl

piccologirl Well-Known Member

we have these little signs to hang on the carrier handle that say "stop! wash your hands before touching mine." we put one on jacob's seat and didn't put one on owen's.

9. ohjojo

ohjojo Well-Known Member

ditto on tying a ribbon on the handle of one carseat.

10. daniv

daniv Well-Known Member

I never tried to distinguish whos was whos but I like the ribbon idea.

11. EmilyorMLE

EmilyorMLE Well-Known Member

When our twins were born, they stuck their hospital id tags on their carseats (for when they went to take their carseat test). We never took them off. Although we don't really pay attention to what the sticker says anymore, it'd do the trick. Maybe you could get a cute dinosaur sticker to put on one and a train sticker on the other? Some kind of cute stickers anyway ;)

12. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

We use monkey strap covers for Aurora and puppy dogs for BK. We have a size difference also and I don't blame you for keeping them set differntly. It's just another thing to adjust!

13. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My girls had hanging toys on their car seat that were different.

14. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

L&L have always been very close to the same size, so I've never had a reason to distinguish one carseat from the other. I do like the idea of tying a ribbon on one, seems like an easy solution & if you ever want to resell them after, it can be easily removed.

15. kryscline

kryscline Well-Known Member

We assigned ours their own seats because of the weight difference. Follow the link to see what we've done.

Baily
    Ally

It may be a little hard to tell, but one is an elephant and one is a rabbit (they are pull toys that giggle and vibrate). They usually hang from the top, but at times they are pulled down by my older children.

16. Lynn76

Lynn76 Well-Known Member

We haven't assigned car seats but like a pp said I know which one Riley has been in the most cause of the spit up stains!! My seats are really easy to adjust so it's whatever seat I grab first and which child is closest to me. I always let out the straps before getting the baby out b/c once I put them back in, its easier to buckle up when the straps are looser. I just pull the long strap at the bottom of the seat and tighten and then adjust the chest buckle where it needs to be and make sure the straps are snug.

17. sreal02

sreal02 Well-Known Member

We don't assign carseats right now. The seats are both the exact same & the straps are really easy to adjust for whichever one we put in it. ;) However, if you really want each baby to always be in the same seat, you could attach one of those carseat toys to the handle--in different colors--for each baby. :)

18. Farrah

Farrah Well-Known Member

me too!!! but it really doesn't matter....

19. mrschenoweth

mrschenoweth Well-Known Member

We have a size difference too. Kyle had a blue hospital band put on his carseat so we just left it there.

20. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

With their infant car seats we just used whichever. They were the same.. it didn't matter to us :)

21. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

We had a stain on one of our seats, but you could always order something from a store like this and then you would have labels for all kinds of things. If you have a lot of people coming to help, that would keep the confusion down.