Terbutaline and Autism?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by stephie1996, Apr 3, 2008.

1. stephie1996

stephie1996 Well-Known Member

Has anyone asked their doctor about this? I've read a few articles that link the two.. I've already had 4 terb shots, so now I am wondering what it may do to my girls...

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I took the pills for 10 days and my two are fine.

3. Katiebelle

Katiebelle Well-Known Member

I had not heard there was a link. I was on terb around the clock for several weeks with my boys. I think that even if there was a difinitive between the two, we'd have to decide on the lesser of two evils, if you know what I mean. Take the terb and risk autism in our precious children, or not take the terb and deal with issues relative to severe prematurity. Not really a win-win situation, is it?

4. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

I took the pills for 2 months and had ALOT of terb shots and mine are just fine!

5. stephie1996

QUOTE(melissao @ Apr 3 2008, 05:20 PM) [snapback]703505[/snapback]
    I took the pills for 2 months and had ALOT of terb shots and mine are just fine!

Good to know - thank you :)

6. stephie1996

QUOTE(Katiebelle @ Apr 3 2008, 05:20 PM) [snapback]703504[/snapback]
    I had not heard there was a link. I was on terb around the clock for several weeks with my boys. I think that even if there was a difinitive between the two, we'd have to decide on the lesser of two evils, if you know what I mean. Take the terb and risk autism in our precious children, or not take the terb and deal with issues relative to severe prematurity. Not really a win-win situation, is it?

No it isn't. Sometimes it feels like no matter what, there's going to be a down side to something.

7. laura305

laura305 Well-Known Member

with my son i was on terb from 25 weeks to 36... and hes 4 and fine :D

8. Jayn

Jayn Well-Known Member

I remember reading those articles while I was on terb. They scared me too. I was on a terb pump from 23wks-35/36 wks with my oldest son and he's 5 and fine :)

9. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

I had probably 7-10 terb shots...mine are also fine!

10. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

I was on it every 4 hours for at least 10 WEEKS with my son, and he’s perfectly normal… he will be 10 on Sunday…