Tested Positive For Group B Strep

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Twins08, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Twins08

Twins08 Well-Known Member

I hear this is no big deal as long as you get the antibiotics in your IV during labor. I've never had group b strep in any of my previous pregnancies. I hope there's nothing to worry about!

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

QUOTE(Twins08 @ Jul 17 2008, 08:27 PM) [snapback]882328[/snapback]
    I hear this is no big deal as long as you get the antibiotics in your IV during labor. I've never had group b strep in any of my previous pregnancies. I hope there's nothing to worry about!

I had it with one of my pregnancies, got the antibiotics before delivery and everything was fine. I was tested with the twins, and did not have it, but I think I got the antibiotics anyways with the c-section?

3. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Same thing happen to a good friend of mine. She also had antibiotics as the pp said and she had no problems.

4. melissa1

melissa1 Well-Known Member

A good friend of mine was just diagnosed with that and her doctor did not seem concerned as long as she received the antibiotics during labor..I think it is kinda common.

5. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I tested positive for both my pregnancies. I was hooked up to antibiotics during my labor and delivery for Evan. No issues!