Thank You Nutramigen, I Love You!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by AKilburn, Sep 25, 2012.

1. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Adalynn has FINALLY started having fuss free feedings and NORMAL bowel movements (no more rabbit pellets!!!) ... The poor thing has had a time of it. I had been supplementing when I was breast feeding and she was having tummy issues we switched her from regular infant formula to soy (I had milk issues as a baby so figured she would too and I was a soy baby), the soy didn't seem to help, so doc said to put her on Gentlease and to give her a tsp of dark kayro syrup, that didn't help either in fact she was projectile vomiting on the formula, so we put her back on the soy, all the time she was getting more and more constipated. This last week was the worst and she started with straining terribly to have a bowel movement, wasn't having them for days and when she was they were like rabbit pellets and oh lord when you fed her she screamed and screamed. This weekend was by far the worst, she screamed and strained so terribly she actually burst a blood vessel in her eye. I'd had enough and went out and bought some nutramigen, she still had the fussy feedings sunday night and first thing yesterday morning I called her Pedi and made and appt, she said good call on the formula and said to give her an ounce of nursery water a day. She's been on the Nutramigen since Sunday night and all last night I was able to feed her without any screaming and same with this morning and she's FINALLY having NORMAL baby bowel movements ... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: My baby girl is FINALLY feeling better!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry just had to share!

1 person likes this.
  2. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

YAY!!! I am glad to hear she is feeling better, I hope she stays regular :).

3. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it!!!

4. Amycplus

Amycplus Well-Known Member

Congrats! You may also want to look for patterns of what helps her poop more easily. One of my guys was pretty constipated and would always go in a low lying bouncy chair. It was the only way he would poop for quite a while. We are done with that now but almost every poop happens in the exersaucer these days so go figure!

5. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Yay for Nutramigen! It was a life saver for us too - when I stopped breastfeeding, Piper's reflux flared back up and she was in serious pain until we switched. You may want to check with your health insurance company; more and more of them are covering Nutramigen and Allimentum if there's a medical reason. If they cover it, you'd just need your doctor to write a note saying why it's necessary.

6. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Poor baby! I'm so glad she's starting to feel better.

7. AKilburn

We tried her swing, the bouncy chair, the Fisher price baby papasan seat, pnp, crib, car seat, of course our arms, a warm bath, nada, anything that made her lay flat made her reflux 100 times worse. I've read that soy can constipated so I wonder if that was the issue

8. AKilburn

A friend of mine had told me this a little bit ago and I'd done a Google search, doesn't look like blue cross covers it but ill call anyway. Im lucky bc my pediatrician is phenomenal in giving us formula (we honestly havent had to buy ffomula since their first check up thats how stocked she keeps us, she'd given us a ton of prosoybee and gentlease and when she found our we'd taken her off the gentlease and gone to the nutramegin she gave us a ton of nutramamegin, I told her id bring back the unopened cans of gentlease, she said shed give me more nutramagin then and she was going to call enfamil about getting me a case, we'll see ... But needless to say shes awesome!

9. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

We had BCBS too (the national plan, not state) and they started covering Nutramigen about two months after we stopped needing it. Not sure if they still do, but ouch - that hurt! Could have saved me hundreds...

10. AKilburn

We're through my husbands employer and its tje bcbs, but ill call and find out. Honestly its not much more than the soy

11. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

Oh poor little bub.. so glad to hear that things are back on track :) ... just wondering did you ever try the infant suppository with her? I ended up using it on Liara once when she was a newborn because poor thing was straining so bad for days (she still has issues) that I ended up getting even though I was a bit bit heeby jeeby about it - couldn't believe how quickly it worked like a charm!