Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'General' started by christinam, Oct 27, 2011.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I'm planning to teach DD about Thanksgiving this month. Does anyone know of any good books for preschoolers? I'm getting ready to do a google search but thought I would ask here too.

2. christinam

I found a cute book online and was able to place it on hold at the library! I also found some cute craft ideas as well. I'm looking forward to this month! :)

3. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

I don't really have any suggestions. I am searching for Cranberry Thanksgiving to do with mine (it is a FIAR book). Haven't been able to find it in the library. I might have to give in and try to order a used copy from Amazon.

4. christinam

http://www.christianpreschoolprintables.com/

This site has a Thanksgiving section with some really cute crafts. I went ahead and printed some stuff off tonight. I have a couple scholastic Thanksgiving books I found in the Halloween/Thanksgiving storage bucket so I'll read those. Plus, the one I borrowed from the library. I'm debating on rowing a book in November or spending the month on Thanksgiving and talking about being thankful. We're rowing Ask Mr. Bear again next week since we didn't finish everything from last week. So that leaves three weeks before Thanksgiving. One of them being a half week since it's Thanksgiving and we're going to be gone from Wed-Fri. I have so much fun stuff for Thanksgiving that I might just make up my own lesson plans with the Thanksgiving books we have.

5. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

You all have sparked my interest. I was already searching for a historical book about the orgins of halloween. Now I'll add Thanksgiving to my search. I also found a book on the orgins of the candy cane. We use several books about St Nicholas for Christmas time. I love Thanksgiving and on!!!!

6. christinam

I love the holidays!!! We're going to start using lapbooks for most of our Five in a Row books from here on out and we're going to lapbook for the holidays too. We didn't touch too much on Halloween. We just did fun activities/party the last few days instead. Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to be month long studies. I'm excited. I've found some fun crafts online. I'm going to try to finish up the planning today and make up the lapbooks. We'll see how much I can get done. My DS is off school today and we're taking a break from preschool as well. I planned on just relaxing and getting laundry done today but the idea of working on school planning sounds like fun. I'm such a dork. lol