The Anything Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Twinrific, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Twinrific

Twinrific Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You can post anything on this thread and have an ongoing conversation. Please remember to keep it within the Twinstuff Terms of Service but have fun.

Question of the Week: What fears/phobias do you have?

1 person likes this.
  2. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I usually say I don't have any fears but more and more I'm developing/noticing one. I don't like it when I'm driving and the same car follows me. I don't notice it on the highway but on city street it makes me tense.

1 person likes this.
  3. TwinPeshi

TwinPeshi Well-Known Member

Do we really have to be reminded every week to keep everything within the Twinstuff Terms of Service. We aren't parents and therefore not prone to those lapses of judgement :p

2 people like this.
  4. Twinrific

Kendra I also notice that immediately ;) I do however make a point of making sure whether a certain car is following me home. I know it's paranoid but that is how a lot of hijacks take place in SA.

I have a few fears. I'm petrified of spiders but not snakes at all. I used to be very afraid of heights but I am getting better at it since I'm face climbing and so on. Then my most humiliating fear is: fear of the dark. I know but I think it's got to do with my very good imagination or that is my excuse anyway :p

1 person likes this.
  5. TwinPeshi

My only "fear" is losing one of my passports because I feel naked without them. Does that count? :p

2 people like this.
  6. Twinrific

QUOTE(TwinPeshi @ Jun 29 2009, 01:27 PM) [snapback]1373209[/snapback]
    Do we really have to be reminded every week to keep everything within the Twinstuff Terms of Service. We aren't parents and therefore not prone to those lapses of judgement :p

Yes you do, you never know with you guys! :p Seriously though it's not just for your sake, it's for any newcomers who might post here. It's a short explanation of what the thread is for ;)

1 person likes this.
  7. TwinPeshi

Personally, knowing the drinking habits of the Twinstuff moderators and the resulting drunken posts, I think moderators are the ones that need TOS reminders :p

1 person likes this.
  8. Twinrific

I never get drunk! Just because one likes (some types of) alcohol doesn't make you a drunk or the typical partying student :p

1 person likes this.
  9. TwinRichard

TwinRichard Well-Known Member

I agree with Adrian, I wouldn't want to lose my passports. Other than that, I can't really think of any "fears". There are plenty of things I'm not particularly fond of but I'm not scared of them.

2 people like this.
  10. TwinRichard

Just because one likes (some types of) alcohol doesn't make you a drunk or the typical partying student

I know :p It doesn't mean you're not one of those either though :p

2 people like this.
  11. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

LOL, seems twins are the same *gasp* :p because my fears are exactly the same as Brenda's :p (spiders are the ugliest things alive, I don't mind snakes, any other crawly insects, bats, scorpions, rats etc but something about spiders just makes cringe)

1 person likes this.
  12. TwinPeshi

I never get drunk! Just because one likes (some types of) alcohol doesn't make you a drunk or the typical partying student

I know the only thing stopping you from getting drunk is the Twinstuff TOS :p

LOL, seems twins are the same *gasp* blum.gif because my fears are exactly the same as Brenda's blum.gif (spiders are the ugliest things alive, I don't mind snakes, any other crawly insects, bats, scorpions, rats etc but something about spiders just makes cringe)

I know exactly what to change my avatar to!

1 person likes this.
  13. TwinRichard

(spiders are the ugliest things alive, I don't mind snakes, any other crawly insects, bats, scorpions, rats etc but something about spiders just makes cringe)

I quite like spiders, they can be very useful ;):p I sometimes let spiders crawl on my hands for a bit. Why don't you try it, maybe at the same time as kloofing? :p

1 person likes this.
  14. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

LOL, with hikes I'm more tolerant to them because you can't avoid them (in other situations I'm woman enough not to feel embarrassed to scream like a crazy thing and climb on a chair :p) but I will never let them climb on me on purpose :p I'll make a deal, you go kloofing then I'll do it voluntarily

1 person likes this.
  15. TwinPeshi

in other situations I'm woman enough not to feel embarrassed to scream like a crazy thing and climb on a chair

So what you are saying is that you do scream like a crazy thing and climb on a chair? :p Please put this on YouTube!

1 person likes this.
  16. Code

Code Well-Known Member

My fear is failing and not being able to do what I want with my life, Hights, inclosed spaces, spiders, not living up to what people expect and time.

I'm a freak I know :)

2 people like this.
  17. TwinPeshi

Something tells me none of you want to meet my pet Huntsman. He is harmless! I promise!

1 person likes this.
  18. Code

Code Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinPeshi @ Jun 29 2009, 07:42 AM) [snapback]1373282[/snapback]
    Something tells me none of you want to meet my pet huntsman. He is harmless! I promise!

NOOO!! they are gross!! I'm sorry I dislike your pet!

Oh forgot to add Needles to the list

2 people like this.
  19. TwinRichard

I'll make a deal, you go kloofing then I'll do it voluntarily

Okay :p When we are going? :p

1 person likes this.
  20. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

huntsman? what is he?

So what you are saying is that you do scream like a crazy thing and climb on a chair? Please put this on YouTube!

Yip and nope :p

2 people like this.
  21. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Warning when someone informs you of a spider on ur roof, dont run into the kitchen having a panic attack crying, stamping your feet you look like a fool and get bruised... I'm not talking from personal experince :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  22. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

Sorry didn't see the link but I think it was out of self preservation - if you want us to come and visit you'll definitely not achieve it this way :p

Okay When we are going

I'll remember this if you ever come visit SA and it'll be your first activity with me and Brenda :p

Oh forgot to add Needles to the list

I don't mind needles, I'll take an injection any day but I hate getting my blood drawn, for me it is painful and I had to do it a lot as a child so I just don't like it, I'm always angry when i need to take blood

1 person likes this.
  23. TwinRichard

Click on the link Gerda!

1 person likes this.
  24. Code

Code Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinG @ Jun 29 2009, 07:51 AM) [snapback]1373293[/snapback]
    I don't mind needles, I'll take an injection any day but I hate getting my blood drawn, for me it is painful and I had to do it a lot as a child so I just don't like it, I'm always angry when i need to take blood

I dont like them for both of the same reasons!! since I was like 11 I have hated them due to being sick and heaps of needles :angry:

1 person likes this.
  25. TwinRichard

I'll remember this if you ever come visit SA and it'll be your first activity with me and Brenda

I'll have Adrian bring the hunstman along :p

I'll take an injection any day but I hate getting my blood drawn, for me it is painful and I had to do it a lot as a child so I just don't like it, I'm always angry when i need to take blood

I had to do it relatively often when I was (a lot) younger. I hate both but I wouldn't say I was scared of them.

1 person likes this.
  26. TwinPeshi

Yip and nope

But I've been waiting my whole life for that YouTube video! :cry:

I'm not talking from personal experince

I'm not sure I believe you :p

Sorry dodn't see the link but I think it was out of self preservation - if you want us to come and visit you'll definitely not achieve it this way

He really is harmless but I haven't seen him in a while... :p

1 person likes this.
  27. TwinPeshi

I only remember having blood taken once and only remember a few injections and I still don't like them. I never trust the people doing it not to go all the way through and out the other end :p

1 person likes this.
  28. Twinrific

I don't mind needles. I donate blood regularly so I'm used to them. Most other injections (or even blood drawn for tests) have much smaller needles than the ones used for donating blood so it never bothers me.

1 person likes this.
  29. Code

Code Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinPeshi @ Jun 29 2009, 07:56 AM) [snapback]1373305[/snapback]
    He really is harmless but I haven't seen him in a while... :p

Maybe he died?

1 person likes this.
  30. TwinPeshi

Maybe he died?

I hope not :p Hard to tell though as he never was any good at answering e-mails... ;)

1 person likes this.
  31. Code

Code Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinPeshi @ Jun 29 2009, 08:02 AM) [snapback]1373321[/snapback]
    I hope not :p Hard to tell though as he never was any good at answering e-mails... ;)

R.I.P ugly thing! lol maybe his legs got stuck so he couldnt respond :p

1 person likes this.
  32. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

Maybe he died?

:lol: let's hope so

1 person likes this.
  33. TwinPeshi

Why are you all so cruel to him? I still have hope!

1 person likes this.
  34. starmaker

starmaker Well-Known Member

What am I scared of:

Dead things ( dead animals, bugs or people): I just hate dead things. I also don't like walking on cemetary's or any references to death. Maybe I died a gruesome way in my previous life?? I have always had these feelings about it.

Spiders: Add me to the people who don't like them. I am alright with the smaller kinds but the bigger ones I have issues with. I did open Adrians link and I am still regretting it. That was one scary spider :eek:

Hights: I really don't like them, maybe because I am not used to them?? Holland is very flatt after all. There is no such thing as climbing mountains in here after all. Not to mention I grew up in the city.

Losing loved ones: I am sure this is everyones biggest fear.

1 person likes this.
  35. 1175138

1175138 Active Member

My fears:
    The dark haha, I used to be absolutely terrified of the dark, well not the dark in general more like being alone outside in the dark. I have a crazy imagination therefore being in such a situation scares me. I am also really afraid of snakes, when I walk through areas where there is tall grass in summer I always make as much noise as possible because someone once told me that scares the snakes off (probably wouldn't work haha) sometimes I run quickly through those areas because you can't see if there are snakes or not, so thats scary.

Losing loved ones, I guess that is a fear, I'm not sure if I would call it a fear. I have been through a loss recently and at the time I was fearful that he would die. My grandpa had cancer and it went on for about a year us not knowing what was happening and yeh it was scary. My biggest fear is of losing my twin!!! You might think this is silly but I was talking to a friend of mine one night online and he was asking me what my fears were. Of course I fear losing my friends and family but I don't know what I would do without Prissy. I actually made myself cry just thinking about it. When you are with someone so much, you cannot imagine ever being without them.

1 person likes this.