The Anything Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Twinrific, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Twinrific

Twinrific Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Instead of a question this time I thought it could be fun to play a game. The old classic (that pops up on TS from time to time) is writing a story, sentence by sentence, with everyone's involvement. I'll start:

Once upon a time back in the year 2010...

(btw feel free to still chat about anything, just make the story sentences in a different colour so that everyone can follow it easily)

2. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

okay since no one else is biting, I'll make it something silly :p

a strange little dwarf stepped on a spiders toe, and believe it or not that changed his whole year because...

3. TwinRichard

TwinRichard Well-Known Member

Funny but spiders don't have toes :p

4. Code

Code Well-Known Member

:laughing: you had to point that out didn't you ;) I don't know how to respond so will wait for the next comment :p

5. TwinRichard

Yes :p I did manage to restrain myself from pointing out the obvious redundancy in that sentence though ;) :p

I was going to write a quick script to take all the words in the previous post and re-order them but then I realised that in order for it to make sense I would have to work out a grammatically correct word order so decided against it :p

I'll write a sentence since nobody else has ;)

...the spider was a funnel web lost...

6. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

I know that, but there isn't something like a dwarf as well :p if you prefer make it it's leg :p

7. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

You can make your sentence more literal if you like (which I know you do :p)

8. Twinrific

Twinrific Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:slap: :p

Edited to remove my sentence since Richard beat me to it ;)

The connection her is currently very slow for some reason so I'll participate again later!

9. TwinRichard

Brenda, that sentence doesn't make sense after mine :p

10. TwinPeshi

TwinPeshi Well-Known Member

... in Richard's hair ...

11. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

Bren did you add to mine or Richard's?

12. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was thinking Richard....

13. TwinRichard

I had another idea, we can either switch languages every sentence or we can write it in binary or hexadecimal. Which would be better? :p

Brenda's first sentence could be:

14. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

LOL Richard, are you also bored today?

15. TwinRichard

No, what makes you think that? :p If I was bored then I would have written that script to reorganise the words into a new sentence :p I suspect that would actually be quite hard though.

16. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

I think you suspect correctly ;) :p I might as well start playing computer games at work :p really have nothing to do today

Don't know if I told you but CP bought a house last year at the end of the year (on auction for a ridiculous cheap price) so we've been fixing everything (started last week and we're still busy) he moved in on Sunday. We decided to tile the bedrooms, carpets were very dirty and ruined. We decided to replace them with tiles since the primary idea of the house is to rent it out once we are married (sorry for using the m word guys :p) so it is just more maintainable. I've actually enjoyed the renovations and styling the house :) I've started reading all my architecture books again :p It's still interesting even though it wasn't the career for me

So anything new with some of you?

17. TwinRichard

No you didn't but it sounds interesting ;) I doubt we will be buying a house any time soon :p

Gerda, you should take pity on us. I have barely recovered from Brenda's :p

Not really, same as normal really :p

18. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Before being hit off his head and onto the ground as he felt it slowly moving around..

On a side note, I really hate spiders they freak the heck out of me so don't know a good way to write a story about a spider unless it is being killed ;)

My mean Aunty rep has grown :laughing: I guess the fact that from this morning being woken by yelling children when you have a migraine doesnt start your day off well. I really cannot stand lying children, or kids who waste all your shaving gel and hair moose then lie about who did it - yelled at them and gave them time out. News is they leave on Sunday and I can have a sense of normal?? back ;)

19. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

Don't worry Richard it's still a long way off

Seems like they aren't very well behaved? that would also drive me crazy. But it's good that you are stern with them, rather than also putting up with it, soon they'll leave your stuff alone (well here's us hoping!)

20. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Well I spoke to them this morning when they woke me up with yelling telling them to sit down and be soft then took meds and went back to bed - where I spent the day. Later on went into the bathroom and there was shaving gel EVERYWHERE I went into the loungeroom and turned the tv off and asked who did it - the blame game although I could tell who did it, mum said to just not worry as Skye doesnt care and lets them get away with it! She went to work and Chloe returned from work and said there was moose all over the sink, this time I wasnt standing up for it and went and yelled at them, they were playing the blame game so gave them both time out until they said who did it - which they didnt, they kept playing so I was stern and said I wasnt playing now sit down and behave before you see the angry side of me.

They are little monsters and their mum doesnt care! its not good at all,honestly cannot wait for them to be gone, I know mean right? :blush:

21. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Gerda :air_kiss:

In other Gerda related news, I know I'm going to turn on facebook one day to find you're engagement news. (if I can decipher it....should look up those words)

Nothing new here. Went to the doctor this morning for a few things (I like to save up, its great being a hypochondriac but I don't want to be in there every 2 days) and he asked if it was me he saw at a restaurant on the weekend. I said it was probably Connie since it's Brandon's favourite place to eat. My primary care physician said "Ok, I can never tell you two apart!"

22. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

:friends:

LOL Kendra, just look for "verloof" (means engaged) and you'll be fine

At least you always know you're healthy, I also like to save up because I hate going to the doctor, only difference is I don't think I get there often enough. I just realised it's been a long time since something like that happened to Brenda and I, I really think we look too different now

23. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

I dont think its too mean.. Rude, misbehaving children really frustrate me. Just think a couple more days and then they'll be gone. Is your sister nice? I know you were really excited when you found her.. i suppose thats changed now. :hug: for you

24. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Me, Mum, Chloe and Paul think she has something going on, like trying to get her parents back together by trying to get them to see each other and having her mum at her house when dad's there. Shes sly, and has to be the center of attention seriously doesn't that go at the age of 10 not 23? I just disagree with things she has said and done its hard to explain.

25. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

Sorry that meeting your sister hasn't been everything you'd hope, hopefully all these kinks will be worked out (and she'll mature more, or realise she'll get attention without needing to resort to unnecessary behaviour). I don't think your a mean aunty ;) it's good to be assertive and demand discipline

26. Brizzy_Twins

Im sorry Code that it hasnt worked out great :hug: I agree, what is she 10? Shes a grown woman with kids. pfft.. pathetic. I feel for you..
    By the way, i love your quote in your siggy :)

27. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Hopefully, its very sad that she feels the need to act this way. We don't accept that behaviour from our nephew who we have known from birth, good children shows good upbrings within society

28. Code

Code Well-Known Member

I noticed that you had it as your facebook status, its my life quote, I live it :)

29. Brizzy_Twins

Yeah :) I just put it up, really love the moral of it so i couldnt resist :) How are you going? You hanging in there okay?

30. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Life is full of morals, I am good, went to poker with a friend of mine he lost before me so had to wait to give me a lift home but got out of the house for 2hrs and had some fun with a good friend I hadn't seen in weeks. Don't worry its free so didnt cost me anything so not really gambling ;) Although I was meant to go pick up a dvd from a friend I kinda forgot :escape:

31. Brizzy_Twins

Thats good codie :) im glad you got out for a couple hours and enjoyed yourself. heheh.. good girl, no gambling here either :p. Dont worry, I always forget things sometimes too. Are you on holidays now, or do you start uni soon?

32. Code

Code Well-Known Member

I don't think I could do it with real money, I hate to lose :p
    Uni well that does not start until the 1st of March!! So long away :( Thinking since everythings on special I should buy a few foulders, pens and things to save some money but I am just waiting for the enrollment things to come out, offers released on the 20/21st I believe so may just wait until then. So over doing nothing, why did my parents choose to live in a town with a population of 7000 that expends to about 21000 on holiday season where there are no jobs? Thanks dear parents :laughing:

33. Brizzy_Twins

Yeah Id never gamble either :). Okay. that sucks. very excited to start? Your studying Photography and Graphic Design right? Well hopefully the enrolments come in soon and you can buy a few things cheap :) I guess they love the quiet life. I do too. My mum comes from a small country town... its nice to go up there to visit everyone.. but I love coming back to Brisbane too, though Brisbane is getting wayy to busy for me lol. Maybe the country girl is coming out in me again hehe.

34. TwinRichard

I don't know about the university of Wollongong but our enrolment letters didn't have much information in them other than appear at such and such a place on this day between these times. Probably can't hurt to get some basic things if they are cheap. Speaking of which, I need a new ink cartridge for my favourite pen (not that I use it an awful lot).

I quite like small towns :p I would have preferred to live in a small town but wasn't willing to spend the hours travelling to university. We lived in a small village when we were younger which had less than 4000 people there when we moved there. By the time we left it had gone up to about 5000 which seemed like a lot at the time.

35. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Nah, not anymore I am doing a arts degree called Community, Culture and environment - humanities :D Nah Dad's never home he works away, mum loves it but shes always lived in small towns, I hate it as there is not anything to do. I love the city to be able to walk around and discover new places :)

When do you start??

Swap?? I will be travelling 45mins each way to go to uni, since me and Chloe share a car dads came up with a way that its fair on petrol we each put $10 a week in a jar but who ever drives it fills it up when they are on their way home so its fair to the other one - since I'll be doing the KM's to go to uni where chloe is doing a year through Oten then going to uni next year. Where did you grow up? :)