The Anything Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Twinrific, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Twinrific

Twinrific Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Where do you consider "home" to be?

Although the farm (my parents house) still have lots of sentimental meaning to me I don't really consider it "home" anymore. Our place currently in potch really started to feel like home so I'm going to miss it! But we'll make our new house into a home as well.

Gerda so bummed for you being ill and missing out on Magoebas, I know how much you were looking forward to it. :hug:

Codie enjoy being home! :)

2. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

I consider home to be Brisbane, though i love my aunty and uncles farm, all my rellies are up in the country. I guess i consider home to be wherever my family is :)

3. TwinRichard

TwinRichard Well-Known Member

Nowhere at the moment although I do call where we live here in Sydney "home" for simplicity.

4. starmaker

starmaker Well-Known Member

Considering I have lived in the same house in Rotterdam for the last 16 years :shok: you can imagine
    I consider this my home. :lol:

Gerda, sorry to hear you can't go on the hiking trail. Hope you feel better soon :hug:

5. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

I must say I do consider my parents home on the farm still as home, but equally my home in Pta, so I have two homes :p curious though to see where my new pta home is going to be next year, will definately be sad to leave my place - but if we get a good replacement I won't mind, a nice new beginning with CP :)

Thanks Joyce and Bren, at least we managed to book the trail for the 27th and 28th of August (just a different route but at the same place - going to run a bit further then we would have this weekend). Think it is better in the end, I would really not have managed to do it now, I feel horrible. I just came back from outside, me and a couple of work colleques went to sit outside a bit, I took my blanket and everything and fell asleep on the grass :FIFblush: Jacques said I looked like a Zombie and should really go hom now, so I'm on my way

Have a nice weekend everyone!

6. Code

Code Well-Known Member

"Home" for me is where my parents and siblings live, Ulladulla is my home town, but once my parents move to Wollongong I will really have no need to return as most of my friends have left the area. I call where I live in Wollongong "the house" ;) I love being home!! Thursday after step up 3d (Which was very good!!), Mum and I laid on her bed watching the last song, it was good to spend time with her! Friday we went to her work, then out to lunch, then spent time with my dad and sister last night, today the 4 of us went out. Tomorrow we are having a roast lunch then I'll drive back to Wollongong. I brought work back to do, nothing has gotten done but it is worth it! I'll do it tomorrow night :) Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend! Gerda I am sorry about your weekend not happening, I hope next weekend is amazingly fun :)

7. starmaker

It's official, I have been here 9 years :shok:

I hope everyone has a good weekend!
    I was planning on seeing Inception, but I am not feeling to well so I am not sure if it is a good idea to go see it this weekend ;)

8. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Happy 9 year anniversary!! What an achievement! :) It is a good movie! :) I hope you feel better soon :)

9. TwinRichard

I always say this on Saturday :p I always intend to work on things on Saturday but then end up leaving it until Sunday. :p

Congratulations Joyce!

10. Code

Code Well-Known Member

I have to come up with a 10 minute presentation on Aristotle for Thursday. plus two essays due next Monday! I will do it tomorrow when I get back to the gong. :)

11. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yeah! Joyce! I am happy you found us all those years ago.

Home is where I am now. In the apartment it was my parent's house but now, I'm back in the same neighbourhood which feels like home so I've transfered it to this house.

12. starmaker

Thanks everyone!
    I just want to say: thank you all for being such great friends trough the years :wub:

13. TwinPeshi

TwinPeshi Well-Known Member

Congratulations Joyce on putting up with Kendra, Brenda and Gerda for so long :p

14. Code

Code Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo: by that you really mean "Congratulations for putting up with me* for that long"

*by me, I am referring to you Adrian, not me Codie :p

15. TwinPeshi

I haven't been here for nine years yet so no I don't mean me :p

16. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Eight is close enough, I am superised she stayed when she "met" you ;)

17. TwinRichard

So am I :p

18. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

Congrats Joyce, I'm so happy we met you on here! you are truly a friend eventhough we have never met in person - wonder how long we all will know eachother by the time we actually do meet? will be interesting :)

Hope you are feeling better Joyce? I also want to see Inception, CP and I will have to try to go to the movies this week (been ages since we've gone!)

I'm also feeling better, just my chest that is still acting up (so still no running :( I feel like an addict, I'm craving exercise :p hopefully i can start again by Wednesday)

Some wedding info: We found CP's suit this weekend, I love it, he looks so handsome :wub: . Must say, when I saw him I just wanted our wedding day to be here, now I can envision him standing in front of the aisle waiting for me to walk down, it's going to be great :)....but funny story regarding the suit, friend's of ours are getting married 2 weeks after us, on the 19th of November, CP talked to him this morning telling him he found his suit and Tiaan was excited saying he also did!...long story short, as they discussed where and when and what they bought, they've ended up buying at the exact same shop and the exact same suit! up to the tie, waist coat and shirt! LOL, so we'll see if we can get another tie that we love just as much, just so that they don't look exactly the same

19. Code

Code Well-Known Member

You see, that is why you are the good twin ;)

Gerda do you have your dress picked out?? :)

20. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

Yes Codie, I do, I found the perfect dress for me about 9 weeks ago, I'm waiting for it to arrive (which will be somewhere in September, hopefully sooner then later :)

21. Code

Code Well-Known Member

How special! :) Not that long to go now :)

22. TwinRichard

Actually people who run a lot do get addicted to it (see this).
    Or one of them can return the suit and then split the cost (assuming they are the same size of course) :p

23. Code

Code Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo: :rolleyes: full of ideas Richard ;)

24. TwinPeshi

No it isn't :p 8 < 9 therefore 8 != 9 :p

I'm ignoring all the wedding talk...

25. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

I actually know the theories behind excercise addiction (and believe that to some extent it is an addiction, mostly 'healthy addiction' anyways), but luckily I'm not trembling yet so I have it under control for now :p I think it mostly has to do mentally for me though, excercise is a great stress reliever and the one thing I get to do in "nature' every day (I hate being cooped up in buildings all the time) - offcourse the release of endorphins also play a role, which your body probably gets used to, hence the withdrawel if you do not excercise. Interesting that they want to use excercise as a therapy for drug addicts

26. starmaker

:laughing: Yes I cannot imagine how I managed that ;)

I think it is so strange to be such good friends with you all yet never having met in person ;)
    I so would love to meet all of you, that would be great!:D

I am feeling a bit better thankfully, how are you feeling?
    You should really try and go see Inception, I thought it was an amazing story!
    It had actually been ages since I had gone to watch a movie in theather because I don't usually think it's worth my money but this is a movie that is really great watching in big screen :D

What a funny story about the wedding suit, hopefully you can find another tie, if not than that friend should just find himself another suit ;)
    A friend of mine is also getting married in November, the 29th though. It seems alot of people around me are getting married this year and next year.

27. Code

Code Well-Known Member

:db: Adrian you are wrong it is close enough :slap: :blbl: :BDH:
    Are we meant to expect you paying attention to it? We all know your view on weddings ;)

28. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Same here, it was a very good movie! Was well worth seeing! :)

29. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Joyce that is a wonderful photo you have! :)

30. starmaker

:lol:

I wish I could at times ;) I have got several friends who either are married or are getting married, it's a bit weird being with such a group while single.

31. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

LOL, Tiaan is too short, but the rest would have fitted perfectly - typical man, a woman would be distraught that they are wearing the same, guys think it is cool or a way to save money :laughing:

32. starmaker

Thanks Codie :)
    Your avatar is absolutely adorable :wub:

33. TwinRichard

Of course, nobody is ever addicted :p I do know what you mean about being stuck in buildings all day. It is one of the reasons I like walking to university.

34. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

I'm also feeling better, thank you. Now I want to go and see Inception even more, I've heard rave remarks, so I will just have to make plans

Joyce and Codie I like both of your avators :) Very nice pics

You are more than welcome to ignore the wedding talk, I did as well (most of the time) whilst Brenda was making her plans :p

I guess I'm at stage 1 then: Denial :p

35. TwinPeshi

We're independent, not single :p