The Anything Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Twinrific, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Twinrific

Twinrific Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The next season is upon us! Here it is Spring and I'm LOVING it! Can't wait for Summer.

QOTT: What do you have on your walls? (in your home)

lol, I know completely random question but it gets difficult thinking of new ones! Currently we just have pictures on, photos of us, of the wedding, of our family, of friends. No paintings or portraits since it's too expensive to afford currently. I like the photos though. We also hung up the frames we had on our wedding day (the ones all the guests wrote on) and I think they look great - such sentimental pieces :)

2. TwinRichard

TwinRichard Well-Known Member

It isn't spring yet, there is a week to go :p

Paintings, a large aerial photograph and some whiteboards (currently filled with flowcharts, ERDs (database diagrams) and some equations).

What happened to not liking photographs of yourself? Do you have any photographs of you in your school uniform on the wall? :p

3. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Wollongong, the house has paintings, photos that belong to my roommate, my bedroom has photos and a whiteboard. At home, there are pictures, and in my bedroom paintings and photos. :)

4. Twinrific

I still don't like photos of myself or having to be in photos but our engagement and wedding photos are different, it's special events that I cherish so I'm okay with those pics ;) and NO! Definitely no school uniform photos :p

5. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

In my bedroom I have a small painting on glass of a farm house. I have 2 more things to hang up in there.
    My hall I have 4 old royal prints (2 of the Queen, 1 of Charles and Anne in 1953 and a print of the monarchs to Henry VIII)
    My kitchen has a small painting of a field of flowers
    Dining room has my King George death announcement poster
    My living room I have 2 metal curly shapes one a heart I hang necklaces off and another a group of daisies, a metal picture of flowers in a vase, a small painting of a farm house and a print of a basket of flower sitting on a chair.

Have to take off to work. I've been planning on taking pictures, maybe tonight.

6. TwinRichard

You didn't have any special events where you wore your school uniform? :p

7. Twinrific

Would love pics Kendra!

No Richard I didn't :p

8. TwinRichard

It is too late now but you could have spray-painted your uniform white and used it as your wedding dress :p

Speaking of things on walls, does Andre have his degrees framed and hanging on the wall somewhere? :p I probably need to frame mine to protect them (they're in a cardboard folder at the moment). I doubt I would hang them up though :p

9. Code

Code Well-Known Member

You should show them off and be proud :) what a wet horrible day today is.

10. TwinRichard

The problem is I wouldn't know where to put them :p That is why I asked Brenda if Andre had his hanging up, every South African I know seem to have theirs hanging up in their house somewhere :p

I know, it has been warmer the last few days but today hasn't been nice. At least I managed to avoid the rain on the way to university this morning but I will probably get drenched on the way back.

11. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Aww ok! That is fair enough :) High chance is you will be, thankfully a day off today! Already been out and about, missed the heavy rain though :)

12. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

i have alot of family photos on my walls in my bedroom and lots of photo frames and photo corkboards and some autographs from some of my fave singers. thats all i can think of atm..

13. TwinPeshi

TwinPeshi Well-Known Member

The chance might have been high but we missed the rain!

14. TwinRichard

... and it is now pouring with rain. We must have made it home between the afternoon rain and the evening rain.

15. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Lucky ducks

16. TwinRichard

I thought ducks liked rain :p

17. Code

Code Well-Known Member

They do now get out there ;)

18. Twinrific

Nope he doesn't have it up and we won't be putting his or mine on the walls. Not our style. ;)

19. TwinRichard

Okay :p It isn't mine either, we never hung up our undergraduate degrees either (although we did frame them).

20. Code

Code Well-Known Member

This week is going so slow

21. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

I won't hang up my degrees either. I mostly have photos and some pictures, not much - I have so many big windows in my house that the curtains are more than enough wall decorations - if I put up anything else it would look a bit crowded

Codie I agree, this week feels like forever! and I'm not particularly in the mood for work today, though I have good news, went to my first interview yesterday so I'm looking for a new job, from January 2011 I want to be challenged again, no point doing work you already know how to do :p and I'm applying at pure industrial engineering companies. I'm really excited to start something new, I feel like I've learned all I need about ERP so time to move on to new experiences :)

9 days until the Otter Trail Run! Can't believe the time has finally come :D

22. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Good luck, I hope you get the job!! It is good to be challanged by your job! :)

Enjoy! That is so close, good luck :)

23. TwinRichard

Maybe it is only English speaking South Africans then :p

I have those days occasionally and they are generally when I really need to get something finished.

Sounds good! You will never completely escape ERP if you are doing industrial engineering but at least you might not have to teach anybody how to use them ;)

24. TwinPeshi

Secret link for Codie

I know! I went to bed last night thinking that today was Friday only to wake up and find out it was Thursday!

Find a company that does transport projects!

25. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Thank you Adrian but I have already seen that on a site I am not meant to be on :p Plus it doesn't apply to me as I am not seeing anyone :p

26. TwinPeshi

That does not mean that it doesn't apply to you, it just means that it isn't affecting you at the moment :p I am simply giving you advance warning :p

27. Code

Code Well-Known Member

That is true ;)Thanks for the caring warning :p

28. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

(Note: you can't read this, because there is nothing written here)...the only thing this article fails to mention is that for the 2 current friends you lose you gain a lot more in mutual friends, his friends becomes yours and your friends his ;) :p btw I lost no friends since I met CP :p

Or it's just a stereotypical notion :p

I hate it when that happens. So much more fun when you wake up thinking it's Wednesday and actually it's Thursday :p

29. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

I know, ERP is crucial for industrial engineers, but I'll enjoy it more as seperate projects where as the company I'm with now are moving more into IT and using their ERP just as back up and 'funds' but they are extending or concentrating the business on IT projects, so not anymore what I really want to do ;) Not enough 'pure' industrial engineering exposure for me

30. Code

Code Well-Known Member

(You cannot see this because you didn't write anything ;) ) Gosh Greda that was my secret link! :( :p

31. TwinRichard

Maybe but I can't think of a single English-speaking South African whose house I've been to that doesn't have their degrees hanging up (and I have been to quite a few). :p Clearly my sample size is still fairly small :p

ERP is IT as far as I'm concerned :p I know what you mean though, there is a lot more to an ERP system working properly than just the software.

32. Twinrific

Tsk tsk Richard didn't think you'd be one to give credit to stereotypes. I've seen a few people that hang theirs up but just as many that don't so I wouldn't say it's a South African tradition. Mostly you see it in doctor's offices :)

33. TwinRichard

It isn't a stereotype :p It is anecdotal evidence :p In order for it to be a stereotype it has to be commonly believed ;)

Interesting ;):p

34. TwinPeshi

The study found that you lost two close friends and replaced them with less close friends which is what you are describing.

That is what you think :p You definitely have posted less :p

I told you that you shouldn't have looked at Gerda's secret link! See what happens? :p

35. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Gerda looks at my secret link? :( :p