The Anything Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Twinrific, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Twinrific

Twinrific Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Since it's Thanksgiving time in America I thought we could take a page from their book and talk about what we are thankful for: So what are you thankful for?

2. Twinrific

I'm thankful for all the obvious things: My family, my friends, my wonderful husband and my dog and then I'm also thankful for the more superficial things such as my computer, internet, ice cream... I can go on and on :)

How is everyone? It's been quiet in the forum but I know this time of year is busy so it's expected. I'm done with exams and things so it's finally quiet on my side again. I'll try and start a couple of threads in the next few days. :)

3. TwinRichard

TwinRichard Well-Known Member

A combination of being busy and nobody posting when I am not busy means I haven't posted much lately ;)

4. Twinrific

You should be getting less busy by now :p What are you keeping yourself busy with?

5. TwinRichard

Why? When I'm busy doesn't necessarily fit with the university calendar any more.

Work things mostly. ;)

6. Twinrific

I know but I'm not busy anymore so I need you to not be busy so that you can entertain me :p

7. TwinPeshi

TwinPeshi Well-Known Member

But then that would make us busy :p

8. TwinRichard

Well if you post I will try to reply :p

9. Code

Code Well-Known Member

I am thankful for my family, friends, basic needs that everyone should have :)

10. starmaker

starmaker Well-Known Member

I am thankfull for God, family and friends, and my sweet cat!

I am doing alright, but am still working on getting the card I used to travel by train replaced. (Thanks to being pickpocketed almost 3 weeks ago) I was expecting it to arrive
    last saturday or monday at the latest, but still haven't received anything, they have now ordered a new one and it should arrive this saturday or monday so keep your fingers crossed!
    Right now I am paying about 20 euro's each day to travel to work and am so sick of losing all this money :rolleyes:
    So I am still rather upset about that.

I had a great bachelorette party last saturday as a good friend of mine is getting married on the 29th. I am very excited for her but I must admit I am pretty jealous as well that she found that someone special. She is a great friend though and I am very happy for her, she deserves the best!

BTW Brenda, I still haven't ordered Gerda's wedding present, because of all the stuff going on with my wallet being stolen,hopefully will get around to doing that this week ;)

On some other news, I might have found a church I like and will stay at. I have been searching for a church nearby that I feel comfortable at, especially since I will be going there alone, I went to some churches but they did not seem to be very welcoming to newbies. Last sunday I went to an evangelical church about 30 minutes away from home and to my surprise I saw my neighbours there! they where very surprised too, I had some great conversations with other people as well and so am looking forward to going there again :D

I hope everyone is doing well! Good that your not that busy anymore Brenda!

Tamara, I read in the other thread about you dealing with depressions, I didn't have time to reply before but I hope your are doing well and getting some help to deal with them.
    I have dealt with depressions on and off for all my life and right now am dealing with depressions as well so I know what it's like. Just so you know it's not your fault your dealing with this, and your definetley not a burden to anyone :hug: Your a great person and I know you are very strong and will get trough this :hug:
    If you ever need to talk please don't hesitate to send me a message :hug:

11. Twinrific

I don't mind if you're busy when it entertains me.

All good things to be thankful for :)

Great to hear from you Joyce, Oh no can't believe you were pickpocketed, stupid people :( I really hope you get a new card soon. I hate it when good people loses hard earned money because of thieves!

Glad to hear you had a nice time at the bachelorette! And I know you're probably sick of hearing it but I'm sure you'll find your someone special too! :hug:

Also glad to hear you found a church you like, it can be difficult to find a place where you're comfortable. Who knows maybe you'll meet your dream man there ;)

12. TwinRichard

Hello Joyce :wavey:

That sounds annoying. Why couldn't it be replaced quicker?

Is the job going well at least?

13. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I read but you guys go too fast for me.

I'm thankful for the great family I had growing up. I'm thankful for them now of course but I've been volunteering with children's aid and some of the situations I've run into (just casually - not even the back story type stuff) has made me want to run home and hug my parents! They are actually doing the same sort of work too so do know where I'm coming from when I talk about it. I do enjoy the work but it is an eye opening heartbreaking thing at times.

I have a crazy cat right now. She is actually near her old self now except she occasionally surprises me with totally off the wall things.

1 person likes this.
  14. Twinrific

I'm so glad to hear Sadie is almost back to her old self :)

15. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

That sucks! Hope you get the card soon!

Kendra also glad to hear Sadie is better :)

Just saw this emoticon: :th_holidayhug: so cute! But wow, I really can't believe it is almost Christmas again!!!

16. TwinRichard

Gerda, you need to change your signature. It makes it seem like you married the invisible man :p

17. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

LOL, I just changed it before opening this thread, forgot about the signature a bit

18. TwinRichard

Obviously getting married does things to your memory :p

19. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

Seems like a valid theory, Since I have been very absentminded these last few days :p

20. TwinRichard

At least you haven't forgotten to post :p

21. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

Exactly, see I'm not all bad. Though there wasn't many posts to catch up on here, we should start hiring someone to think of new topics we can discuss

22. TwinPeshi

I thought that was Brenda's project? :p

23. starmaker

I finally got my train card last saturday :D

Gerda you look amazing in your new avatar picture! :) I send you and CP a small wedding present,
    however I just got around to doing that this morning so it will take some time before it arrives ;)

Kendra, good to hear Sadie is doing better, hopefully she will continue to improve. How old is she?

24. TwinPeshi

Did you send me my "Adrian survived Gerda's wedding" present? :p I think I deserve it!

25. starmaker

I sure hope so, either that or be okay with being single (does that make sense?)
    I am in some sort of insecure phase right now, and the main thing that bothers me right now is being single.
    I either want to meet somebody and not be single anymore, or accept the fact that I am single for the time being, either way I
    want these insecure and depressing feelings/thoughts to go away :( Hopefully my depression will fade to the background again soon ;)

26. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

Yay! So happy for you, will save you a lot of money

awww, :hug: thank you Joyce! It was really not necessary but I appreciate the thought it a lot :) You are the best. I will let you know as soon as I receive it

:blush: thank you!

:slap: :p

Hope so too for your part, I can understand the need to want that someone special that can just enjoy the simple things in life with you (not to make you happy but just to enhance the already good things in your life), I think everyone wants that at some point and it is difficult to manage those feelings I think. Because you want to be happy as life is now (single) and you are happy, but you also crave a relationship so you have a longing for something you don't have so that makes you lonely/sad, add to that the insecurity of whether you'll find what you want... it is quite a whirlwind of emotions. I really hope you can get out of the rut and the depression fades soon. It's not really comforting words, and you've probably heard it a lot but I'm a firm believer in things happen when they should, and the day when you meet the right guy (and you will, most of us do, and usually in the most unexpected times! I've seen it too many times not to believe it) everything before that will make sense. :hug: :hug:

27. Twinrific

I start topics and then you make fun of them which isn't much fun :p

Oh Joyce :hug: Wish I had just the words to make you feel better! I'm here for you if you need to talk :grouphug:

28. starmaker

I thought the occassion did deserve a present, I hope you and CP will like it :)

Thank you Gerda!
    It amazes me how you worded so well all the feelings I am dealing with right now! It is rather comforting to know I have friends who know what I am feeling ;)

I do know that Brenda, thank you! I just hate bothering you all with my problems. Especially since it really isn't something that can just be fixed, I just need to get over those depressing feelings, but ofcourse I don't have to tell you that it's easier said than done.
    I do very much appreciate the support you and Gerda give me, even though I keep on bothering you with the same stuff every time :hug:

29. starmaker

You mean you didn't get it? :search: Must have gotten lost in the mail somewhere :p

30. TwinRichard

It wouldn't surprise me :p Our grandmother sent us a package from England about this time last year and it eventually arrived 5 months later.

31. Code

Code Well-Known Member

There really is no place like home!! Went away last weekend and got home today, and boy it is good to be home! ;) I was ready to come home Tuesday as we (Mum and I) were seeing her family who are very dysfunctional! :laughing: Glad everyone is doing well :)

32. Twinrific

You're not bothering us at all! :hug: I've also struggled with depression in the past and it's not a fun illness. I know how it can affect ones wellbeing and it's not your fault, your body's chemistry gets mixed up but I know you'll get through it. It's just not an easy journey so we're here for you!

Good to hear from you. Glad you're enjoying home. I also went to my parents for a quick visit this past weekend. Nothing that recharges your batteries so well. :)

33. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

Glad your had such a good time Codie

Ditto! :grouphug: