The Baby Blues

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by ward, Aug 9, 2011.

1. ward

ward Well-Known Member

Well we had our girls 11 days ago and since being home i can't seem to get over this sadness feeling. Its only when i am alone which generally happens at night around 8-11pm. I love my girls and i love being around them and love being a mommy to them not to mention my 2 1/2 year old but i can't seem to get over this feeling of sadness it overwhelms me at night and i can't keep myself from crying. Its not that im finding it hard to be a mom to the girls because they have been great since they are premie babies all they do is sleep and then i wake them up for their feedings every three hours. Im not sure if its because my daily routine has changed or what. I remember being this way with my son but it wasn't this bad and went away after only a few days. The only thing different this time around besides having two lol is that my husband is working. When we had our son he wasn't and we had decided for him to be a stay at home dad which he did a great job but due to other things in our lives he had to get a job sadly i am unable to quit mine but don't have to go back till the end of the year. Im just wondering what all you other mommies did that had the baby blues. I almost wanna keep the girls up just to keep me occupied so i don't think about how lonely i feel when my husband isn't around. I miss him so much more now that we have the girls than i did when i was just pregnant and ubsurdly enough i miss being pregnant even with all the complications we had. I just want this to go away. I hate feeling so sad. Anyone with advise??

2. KeriU

KeriU Well-Known Member

:grouphug: I am so sorry you feel this way. I had the same issues with my singleton and my twins. It was defintitely the worst feeling ever. I ended up having to get some medication to help me out. In addition to that I found I did much better when I was able to go outside and get some vitamin D! Many days I had to force myself to just go outside and sit, but I did and I felt a lot better. We went for walks everyday, the babies loved it and the fresh air was good for them as well. Hopefully it isn't too hot where you are to get out for a while during the day. I know your issues are at night, but it just may help and maybe help you get some sleep between 8-11. Good luck and I wish you well.

1 person likes this.
  3. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

When do you have your post partum check up? You should really talk about this with your doctor.

Inexplicable saddness does sound like PPD to me. I was breastfeeding so I opted not to take medication. Also breastfeeding helps your hormones settle down faster, which can help elivate PPF.
    Being aware of it and letting yourself cry helps, and make a plan for someone to check on you from time to time. Can your husband phone you from work? If not is there someone else who can either visit or phone to talk during that time--or even how about an internet chat. Having two infants to take care of really take over your life, even if they are sleeping most of the time still you really become this sort of baby attendant and it is easy to feel like you've lost "you", especially for a woman who is used to working outside of the home.

:grouphug:

1 person likes this.
  4. ward

ward Well-Known Member

thanks ladies!!! I think im gonna try the getting out and getting some sun. I do talk to people but usually during those hours most of my friends and family are busy getting their own little ones down and then spending time with their spouses.

5. TrishaLinn

TrishaLinn Well-Known Member

I've had this with all of my kids for the first couple of weeks but it was MUCH worse with the twins. I don't know why... twice the horomonal drop maybe? Or maybe just coincidence. No matter, I was so incredibly sad and cried so much the first 2.5 weeks after they were born. It just kinda went away after that. Hope you're feeling happier soon :)

6. ward

ward Well-Known Member

thank you!!! today seems a bit better. Im just very gratefull for my hubby and a close family member who was helping us before when i was pregnant and couldn't do anything and now said she would also come over now and help us as well mainly to just keep me company =)

7. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Mine just went from I miss being pregnant to crying over dog food commercials and it is so much worse when I am alone too. I fight to keep myself from crying. I have gotten back on facebook which has really really helped keep my mind occupied. My MIL is still here and dh has been busy with her ( he is on vacation this week) and that is NOT helping me at all. I take great care of the baby, and love to be with him but I feel awful inside and have no idea why-- my life is basically perfect.

8. ward

ward Well-Known Member

well i wish i could say its gotten better but apparently im gonna have my good days and then im gonna have my bad days because today SUCKS!!!!!! ugh and now im not so sure that its NOT ppd so i may be calling my doctor monday.

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Oh Jessica!!!! I am so sorry!!! If it gets worse over the weekend call the OB anyway. Someone is on call and I am sure they would be glad to help you. I wish I could do something to help you. Big hugs, Heather

10. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

I strongly suggest you call your ob and talk about it. It sounds like post depression to me. I guess it's because your hormones are out of wack right now. Hang in there. And congratulations on your babies!

11. ward

ward Well-Known Member

thanks heather!!! Im gonna give it the weekend and then if im still feeling this way next week im gonna call my OB

12. ward

ward Well-Known Member

Feeling WAY better today. :aggressive: i will beat you baby blues I WILL!!!!!!!

13. staceyloraine

staceyloraine Well-Known Member

Good days & bad days...so true! Hang in there! Getting out helps me a lot too. The sun, fresh air (even if its cloudy or rainy), & change of scenery is so therapeutic. Its like I forget theres a whole other world out there. You can do it! Have a plan for the evening...a movie, a visit with someone, a phone call, anything. You'll make it through!

14. ward

ward Well-Known Member

thank you =)

15. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How are you doing now? :hug: Did you ever end up talking to your ob?

16. ward

ward Well-Known Member

im doing well, thank you for checking on me =). i did not end up talking to my OB because i ended up feeling better lol. Not to mention i found a way to make my self feel better i decided im gonna quit my job =) it was part of the reason i was stressing out.