The Bachelor (Jason)

Discussion in 'General' started by MichelleL, Dec 12, 2008.

1. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

You know me, The Bachelor(ette) show addict!! The next season will have Jason who was on the last season of The Bachelorette with DeAnna. I loved him on that season and felt he was so sweet and caring and such a cutie!!

I have mixed emotions of Jason as the bachelor. I believe he mentioned he is the custodial parent for his son so I am surprised that he would want to take off and leave him again.

Either way, it should be another exciting season!!

2. ehm

ehm Banned

I saw a little blurb the other day on Yahoo about how he said he has already found the love of his life, maybe it said he was engaged??? I forget, real good huh? Wonder if Yahoo archives their articles?

3. MichelleL

I saw the same thing. If you google it, you will come up with several articles. Seems that we've heard this from a few others in the past. :D

4. caba

caba Banned

I LOVED Jason ... so I'm excited to see him on this. I do feel bad for his son though! Although I'm not sure how long he is really gone ... maybe 4-6 weeks total?

Not that that's ok, but I don't think it's as long as the show takes to air ...

Either way, I'll be watching!

5. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

Did anyone watch the premier last night? I loved Jason when he was on before and was excited for the premiere. If you watched, did you see the previews for the season? DeAnna is going to be back this season? What the heck is up with that?

6. LMW1015

LMW1015 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(KJS @ Jan 6 2009, 09:10 AM) [snapback]1134990[/snapback]
    Did anyone watch the premier last night? I loved Jason when he was on before and was excited for the premiere. If you watched, did you see the previews for the season? DeAnna is going to be back this season? What the heck is up with that?

I watched it. I'm a total addict! :) I can't believe Deanna is back. I really liked them together for her season and I was ok with her and Jesse but now she broke his heart too....I don't want her back. More drama than normal. I am glad to see he has Ty with him!! Any favorites yet? I'm not sure yet.

7. sulik110202

I hadn't heard the DeAnna broke up with Jesse, so I was shocked last night when they showed her on the previews.

No favorites yet, I thought there was some crazy ladies on that show last night. Most of the ones that I thought were a little crazy went home though. I kind of like the woman who lost her husband in the plane crash, but I might just be feeling sympathetic towards her and her little girl. It looks like it is going to be an interesting season and I hope it works out for the Bachelor.

8. caba

caba Banned

QUOTE(KJS @ Jan 6 2009, 02:12 PM) [snapback]1135471[/snapback]
    I kind of like the woman who lost her husband in the plane crash, but I might just be feeling sympathetic towards her and her little girl.

Ok, this is awful, but that woman scared me! She just looked so robotic or something ... and OLD! She's only 34! I thought she looked WAY older than that ... she was sweet though ...

The dental hygenist kinda freaked me out ...

I think Deanna should just go away ... and I'm very excited about this season!

9. sulik110202

QUOTE(caba @ Jan 7 2009, 11:41 AM) [snapback]1136723[/snapback]
    Ok, this is awful, but that woman scared me! She just looked so robotic or something ... and OLD! She's only 34! I thought she looked WAY older than that ... she was sweet though ...

I agree the lady scared me too, but she seemed nice and normal. That dental hygenist was weird. I thought she was on the verge of being labeled a stalker.

10. shelley79

shelley79 Well-Known Member

I really like Melissa, the former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. She was on a couple seasons of "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team", and she was always really sweet. She is gorgeous! I also thought that the woman who lost her husband looked a lot older that 34, and the Dental Hygienist scared me!!

11. MichelleL

What a great show!! There are of course an equal balance of crazies again!!

QUOTE(KJS @ Jan 6 2009, 02:12 PM) [snapback]1135471[/snapback]
    I hadn't heard the DeAnna broke up with Jesse, so I was shocked last night when they showed her on the previews.

I saw an interview with Jesse where he was devastated. He said she went on a trip and on the car ride hom broke it off with him. He begged for her to come back to him. My heart went out to him. It was really pitiful.

The one from Alabama didn't scare me per se, but there was something very hard in her face. It was just "off" in a way.

The hygenist was just a little too stalkerish!!

QUOTE(shelley79 @ Jan 7 2009, 12:48 PM) [snapback]1136843[/snapback]
    I really like Melissa, the former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. She was on a couple seasons of "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team", and she was always really sweet. She is gorgeous!

Hmmm....so do you think she is in it for the noteriety again? This makes me very skeptical of her.

I've made a pact with myself to not watch previews, because on some shows it has just spoiled it for me!! So now you all have me curious. What was the DeAnna preview about? Is she coming back as a "contestant" or to help him out? :umm:

12. gracyngarrett0905

gracyngarrett0905 Well-Known Member

I watched it also. There were some crazy girls on there. I am not sure who my favorite is so far. I do agree with you all that the dental hygenist is a little on the weird side. I am looking forward to this season I really liked Jason on the bachlorette.

13. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

I completely agree. She does seem super sweet and also scary.

She reminds me of a puppet named Madame.

This is who I am talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayland_Flowers

14. caba

caba Banned

QUOTE(Juj @ Jan 8 2009, 02:18 PM) [snapback]1138573[/snapback]
    I completely agree. She does seem super sweet and also scary.

She reminds me of a puppet named Madame.

This is who I am talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayland_Flowers

OMG! You are too funny!

15. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

A girl I went to JR High with was on the show, Stacia, but he didn't give her a rose.

16. ehm

ehm Banned

I liked Melissa right from her intro in the beginning. At then end of the show I was definitely cheering her on for a rose. Noone else is really on my radar right now.

17. sulik110202

Shannon is nuts and does not seem to stable. she is defnintely not handling this process very well. I was suprised that Jason kept her. She scares me.

18. jen8675309

jen8675309 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(KJS @ Jan 20 2009, 08:01 AM) [snapback]1154141[/snapback]
    Shannon is nuts and does not seem to stable. she is defnintely not handling this process very well. I was suprised that Jason kept her. She scares me.

I agree with you! I'm also not a fan of Megan. I actually really do like Stephanie! It will be interesting to see what happens.....

19. shelley79

I like Melissa and Stephanie a lot, and like pp, I am scared of Shannon! She seems like the "stalker girlfriend" type. Megan does not seem like a nice person at all, and she has a filthy mouth, not someone I would want around my kids.

20. mar66rus2

mar66rus2 Well-Known Member

Who went home b/c I forgot all about it last night due to me thinking it was Sunday and not Monday??

21. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

QUOTE(mar66rus2 @ Jan 20 2009, 06:58 PM) [snapback]1155110[/snapback]
    Who went home b/c I forgot all about it last night due to me thinking it was Sunday and not Monday??

I taped it last night and haven't watched it yet.

I am becoming a big fan of Stephanie's also.

But I have to say she looks better with less make up.

22. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

I don't want to spoil it for others.

Here is who went home:
    Natalie was picked for the one-on-one date. Jason did not give her rose at the end so she went home. Erica and Kari did not receive roses at the rose ceremony.

23. ehm

ehm Banned

I know the situations should not be compared because I can not even imagine being in a situation like this show puts people in but with Shannon, I can't help but think if this kind of thing makes her physically ill, how will she handle the responsibilities of instant family. I am just not seeing it, she just does not seem on an even level as Jason in terms of where their lives are right now.

Still loving Melissa, I think she is just soo darn cute!!!

24. Debb-i

Debb-i Well-Known Member

My sister sent me this bio on Jason...

"32 year old Jason Mesnick was born in 1976 in Cleveland, Ohio. He moved to Washington when he was eight years old, and received his BA in psychology at the University of Washington. He was previously married to Hilary Buckholz-Monrean, but the couple divorced in 2006. They share a three year old son, Ty. Ty is a central part of his life, as his ex-wife travels a lot with her job and he, therefore, spends a lot of time with his son. Jason currently works as an account executive in estate and legacy planning. He is also a Big Brother with Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America."

I had wondered about the custody issue. I have finally Tivo'd this past week's show so I haven't watched enough to have a favorite girl for him. As always, they sure do get a few wacko's in the mix.

25. MichelleL

QUOTE(Debb-i @ Jan 21 2009, 06:55 PM) [snapback]1156496[/snapback]
    My sister sent me this bio on Jason...

"32 year old Jason Mesnick was born in 1976 in Cleveland, Ohio. He moved to Washington when he was eight years old, and received his BA in psychology at the University of Washington. He was previously married to Hilary Buckholz-Monrean, but the couple divorced in 2006. They share a three year old son, Ty. Ty is a central part of his life, as his ex-wife travels a lot with her job and he, therefore, spends a lot of time with his son. Jason currently works as an account executive in estate and legacy planning. He is also a Big Brother with Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America."

I had wondered about the custody issue. I have finally Tivo'd this past week's show so I haven't watched enough to have a favorite girl for him. As always, they sure do get a few wacko's in the mix.

I forget how he phrased it, but last season I believe he did say he has custody of Ty.

I agree with PP, Melissa is adorable!! Stephanie is growing on me too, but it sounds like she has some pretty deep roots where she is. I just can't see her picking up and jetting off away from everyone Sophia knows.

I also agree with the PP who mentioned if Shannon can't handle this stress, how would she handle the stress of an instant family? She just seems a little too schoolgirlish to me.

And Megan...yuck!! She is just plain nasty. I feel bad for her because everyone seems to be ganging up on her, but she's definitely not doing anything to improve that!!

26. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

I'm not upset about the ones that went home last night.

Lauren was WAY too bossy.
    Nikki was too much of a control freak.
    Megan just seemed mean.
    Shannon was just LOOPY.

Oh and the noises coming from the tent were driving me crazy.

27. ashes200264

ashes200264 Well-Known Member

I feel the same way!!!!! That lady ( Stephanie) is sooo freaky looking!!! LOL I know its mean but whoooa! We call her cat woman at work...she has to of had a few to many face lifts...her eyebrows are waaay up there! Her and Jason look so akward together too!! looks like she can be his mom!!!! lol anyways...The dental hygentist is a wack job too!!! I thought the teacher was sweet till lastnt and she had a psycho side to her too!!! Geeeze whats with these people!!! He should just pick me!! ( HAHA JUST KIDDING :rotflmbo: )

28. MichelleL

I totally agree with everything you said Julie!!

I was very happy with who went home last night. I don't think Stephanie is a great match for him either, although she seems super sweet, but she is better than Nikki.

I am loving this season!!

29. shelley79

I'm not disappointed at all in last night's show. My 3 least faves went home. I am still rooting for Melissa, she is so cute!

30. LMW1015

LMW1015 Well-Known Member

I'm for Melissa all the way!! I think they'd be a great fit and she seems so spunky and fun. Nikki was SO uptight! Lauren was a b**ch! Wow. I can see either Jillian (sp?) or Molly being the 2nd to the end. What do you all think?

31. ehm

ehm Banned

Still loving Melissa as well, she is just such a little doll!

I agree, not sad at all about who went home.

32. brookbranplus2

brookbranplus2 Well-Known Member

My favorites are Jillian and Melissa but he really seems to have a thing for the blonde that went home in his clothes. Stephanie has got to be the next to go. I can not see him with her at all. It made me gag when I saw them kiss. :bad:

33. sulik110202

I am starting to really like Jillian. She seems like she is a lot of fun. It doesn't appear that Stephanie and Jason have a lot of chemistry. It seems forced.

34. jakeandpeytonsmommy

jakeandpeytonsmommy Well-Known Member

I think Melissa is adorable, but yes, if she was on another reality show it makes me wonder what her deal is.
    Stephanie's face freaks me out...
    Molly is cute, I like a girl that can kick back, put on some lacrosse shorts and ummm...have sex in a tent? LOL you know they did!

35. MichelleL

QUOTE(shelley79 @ Jan 27 2009, 03:28 PM) [snapback]1164436[/snapback]
    My 3 least faves went home.

Mine too!! :clapping:

QUOTE(KJS @ Jan 28 2009, 08:05 PM) [snapback]1166625[/snapback]
    It doesn't appear that Stephanie and Jason have a lot of chemistry. It seems forced.

I agree that they don't seem to be a good fit. But, I am wondering if she's a little standoffish because of all she's been through. :(

QUOTE(JakeandPeyton @ Jan 28 2009, 08:23 PM) [snapback]1166647[/snapback]
    Molly is cute, I like a girl that can kick back, put on some lacrosse shorts and ummm...have sex in a tent? LOL you know they did!

:rofl: Oh yah!!