The Duggars are inviting you to watch

Discussion in 'General' started by Gordana, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Gordana

Gordana Well-Known Member

oops mods can you delete this? duplicate thread

2. Gordana

Here is the story.

Gee, I wonder how much they are being paid for this. <_<

3. OneBoyOneGirl

OneBoyOneGirl Well-Known Member

:bad: Why would anyone want to watch that? Can you imagine what you might see? Oh my.

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Yuck! No thanks!

5. caba

caba Banned

Oh my. These people are media whores.

6. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

I think it's neat that they are goin g to show the birth. I use to love watching the birthing shows on TLC (have not caught one in a long while) My girls liked to watch also. I will have to mark this one so that we can catch it.

I see no problem with them sharing this event with everyone. Most families with more than 2 children slack off on pix and videos after the 2nd or 3rd child so this will be a great momento for this child.

7. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

:bad:

I saw a poster on Facebook with a picture of their family and then the caption, "It's a vagina, not a clown car." :lol:

8. Anne-J

Anne-J Well-Known Member

I saw a poster on Facebook with a picture of their family and then the caption, "It's a vagina, not a clown car."

My sentiments exactly. :lol:

Her poor uterus. :(

9. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Is little #18 going to be birthed, or fall out? :D
    Sorry, not a Duggar fan here.

10. Rose524

Rose524 Well-Known Member

I watch the show occasionally out of pure fascination. I don't get their belief system, but respect it.
    I just don't see how commercializing themselves, their family and such a private event like the birth of their child jives with their beliefs though...??? Just seems weird.

But I was going to say the same thing - that baby's gonna fall right out of there LOL :D

11. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I didn't even see the birth of my own children (general anesthesia), so I hardly think I will be watching that!

12. 2girls2boys

2girls2boys Well-Known Member

QUOTE(4lilmonkeys @ Dec 4 2008, 07:06 PM) [snapback]1097360[/snapback]

I saw a poster on Facebook with a picture of their family and then the caption, "It's a vagina, not a clown car." :lol:

Not a fan. But a very funny caption!!

13. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

I wonder what will be bigger when all is said and done: her uterus, or the family's carbon footprint. <_<

14. Gordana

QUOTE(4lilmonkeys @ Dec 4 2008, 02:06 PM) [snapback]1097360[/snapback]

:rotflmbo:

15. twin_trip_mommy

good thing this Mom and Dad (or any of their children) are not members of Twinstuff seeing that there are TWO sets of twins in their family. Or the nasty comments would be a violation of the TOS. Not nice

16. PetiteFleur

PetiteFleur Well-Known Member

Ugh....when will it end? I totally don't get why ANY family would agree to something like that. This particular family, though, gives me the willies, sorry...

17. Jennie-OH

Jennie-OH Well-Known Member

I've never seen that show. I have to admit, I don't think this will entice me to tune in.

Is the Dad's name REALLY "Jim Bob"?!

18. kma13

kma13 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(SweetpeaG @ Dec 4 2008, 07:16 PM) [snapback]1097391[/snapback]
    I wonder what will be bigger when all is said and done: her uterus, or the family's carbon footprint. <_<

my sentiments exactly.

19. OneBoyOneGirl

OneBoyOneGirl Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twin_trip_mommy @ Dec 4 2008, 07:06 PM) [snapback]1097359[/snapback]
    I think it's neat that they are goin g to show the birth. I use to love watching the birthing shows on TLC (have not caught one in a long while) My girls liked to watch also. I will have to mark this one so that we can catch it.

I see no problem with them sharing this event with everyone. Most families with more than 2 children slack off on pix and videos after the 2nd or 3rd child so this will be a great momento for this child.

Most families get their OWN video camera and tape it for themselves.

20. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twin_trip_mommy @ Dec 4 2008, 01:19 PM) [snapback]1097397[/snapback]
    good thing this Mom and Dad (or any of their children) are not members of Twinstuff seeing that there are TWO sets of twins in their family. Or the nasty comments would be a violation of the TOS. Not nice

I assume this is directed at me.

When you choose this lifestyle, you open yourself up to critics and their not-so-nice comments. There is very little that is amazing or respectable about a woman who puts her health, and the health and welfare of her children at risk. It is deplorable and sickening, and not just because of the sheer amount of children they have, but because they profit off it too. So, excuse me for not rejoicing in their decision to broadcast the birth of the 18th child, but it's a little disturbing.

However, if any of the moderators feel that I have crossed the line and would like me to delete my comment, I gladly will.

21. Anne-J

Anne-J Well-Known Member

Most families get their OWN video camera and tape it for themselves.

Yes, but do they sell it to the highest bidder? :p

22. Anne-J

Anne-J Well-Known Member

When you choose this lifestyle, you open yourself up to critics and their not-so-nice comments. There is very little that is amazing or respectable about a woman who puts her health, and the health and welfare of her children at risk. It is deplorable and sickening, and not just because of the sheer amount of children they have, but because they profit off it too. So, excuse me for not rejoicing in their decision to broadcast the birth of the 18th child, but it's a little disturbing.

:clapping:

And when there are so many, MANY struggling families out there who DESERVE help but don't get it. But then, why should they when there are many in the world can applaud parents who exploit their own children?

23. ldsangel19

ldsangel19 Well-Known Member

I think some of the comments are a little harsh. Ok, so they're going to show the birth on TV. Big deal. Has no one here seen "A Baby Story"?

24. happybearsfan

happybearsfan Well-Known Member

QUOTE(4lilmonkeys @ Dec 4 2008, 01:26 PM) [snapback]1097418[/snapback]

However, if any of the moderators feel that I have crossed the line and would like me to delete my comment, I gladly will.

Well said.

I'm frankly surprised she hasn't had her uterus tattooed with the TLC logo ... no different than NASCAR sponsorship. Ugh. *shudder*

Oh, and I find it beyond hypocritical that they don't WATCH TV, but they have no problem selling themselves out for other people to watch. Blech.

25. azmomto2

azmomto2 Well-Known Member

Ick, I am not a fan. I just don't understand the reason for putting your family on television for everyone to see. It exploits the kids and they are no where near old enough to consent.

As for their belief system, it's a little scary to me because they don't attend a church, there wasn't one near them that was strict enough so they have church in their basement. The kids are not exposed to anything at all, ourside their family. All the homeschool kids I know see other kids at church, softball, soccer ect. As I understand it, they go to homeschool conventions from time to time but nothing on a weekly or monthly basis. That's just too insular IMHO.

Now, I know that the Duggars are not doing anything horrible to their kids and they are just trying to be good parents. Still, there are real monsters out there who keep their kids away from all outside influences in order to hide abuse. There are also some really frightening people who branch off from organised religion and start to get unstable. In a situation like that, there are no checks and balances and no one is around the kids to protect them or call authorities.

I guess I'm rambling a bit. Sorry

26. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

QUOTE(happybearsfan @ Dec 4 2008, 11:31 AM) [snapback]1097436[/snapback]
    I'm frankly surprised she hasn't had her uterus tattooed with the TLC logo

:rotflmbo:

Only b/c Kate Gosselin did it last season...that audience-draw card has already been played on TLC.

27. twin_trip_mommy

QUOTE(4lilmonkeys @ Dec 4 2008, 02:26 PM) [snapback]1097418[/snapback]

I was NOT directing my post at any individual post.

Now I am because I am responding to this individual post.

What lifestyle? the lifestyle of a large family? and what critics, other parents of twins on a twin web forum? "WE" are not critics we are ALL parents of twins or twins or people who love twins.

Her health is fine and so is the health of all their children. Or do you know something we all do not know?

I would have to say that anyone could share their opinion of not rejoicing about the decision to broadcast the birth of a child but that is not all that is happening in this thread. Their are personal attacks being posted against this woman (her family) and the way they choose to live their lives. This IS a woman who has two sets of twins. She or anyone in her family could easily be members of this site and if they were how do you think they would feel to read this type of judgment.

28. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

:bad::bad::bad::bad:

29. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twin_trip_mommy @ Dec 4 2008, 02:42 PM) [snapback]1097468[/snapback]
    I would have to say that anyone could share their opinion of not rejoicing about the decision to broadcast the birth of a child but that is not all that is happening in this thread. Their are personal attacks being posted against this woman (her family) and the way they choose to live their lives. This IS a woman who has two sets of twins. She or anyone in her family could easily be members of this site and if they were how do you think they would feel to read this type of judgment.

sorry but when you sell your self out to the media you get what you get....

30. Anne-J

Anne-J Well-Known Member

Their are personal attacks being posted against this woman (her family) and the way they choose to live their lives.

They choose? I highly doubt those poor children get to choose anything. They resemble robots, and it's all thanks to their parents who exploit them. Twin parents or not, I have no respect for such people.

31. happybearsfan

happybearsfan Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twin_trip_mommy @ Dec 4 2008, 01:42 PM) [snapback]1097468[/snapback]
    "WE" are not critics we are ALL parents of twins or twins or people who love twins.

But "WE" are people who watch TV and can criticize what we see. Also, for me, someone having twins doesn't immediately make them untouchable and beyond reproach ... far from it.

As for Michelle Duggar being a member of this site, I will be very honest and say that IMO, when you sell yourself to the media as the Duggars have, you become public property. When she and "Jim-Bob" *shudder* signed on the dotted line, she gave up her right to privacy and the right to not be judged. It's fine with me if you disagree, but this is how I see it, and so no argument will convince me that I shouldn't make it clear that I can't stand them.

32. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

I like and respect the Duggars. KUDOS for them living their life the way they want..even through all the negative comments in the World. They are an inspiration. :)

Brandy

33. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

QUOTE(4lilmonkeys @ Dec 4 2008, 02:26 PM) [snapback]1097418[/snapback]

Great post Gini! :clapping: I just don't see anything to "celebrate" about the Duggars.

34. twin_trip_mommy

QUOTE(AmynTony @ Dec 4 2008, 02:44 PM) [snapback]1097472[/snapback]
    sorry but when you sell your self out to the media you get what you get....

So then any family who shares their story on TV deserve such horrible judgment comments against them?

What about the families we have here on TS that interview with media outlets to share their family/twins stories with the world? I can think of at least 3 that have been on talk shows or TLC in the past sharing their stories that are members here on Twinstuff. Because they shared their story are they also deserving to get what they get (rude comments) like these posts? :(

35. Gordana

People - this may be the fastest birth ever. After 17 kids, this one is just going to roll out of that stretched uterus. I doubt there will be any pushing involved. ;)