The POX has hit! Chicken pox that is!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Danibell, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How we've managed to avoid it thus far, I'm not sure, with an 11 yr old and a 7 yr old.  But it's officially hit this week.  Liam, my 4.5 yr old twin son started with a dot on his cheek yesterday morning that my mother in law assumed was a bite or scratch.  He went to church, sunday school, chinese for lunch....and by the time I got him ready for bath last night, he had about 10 more spots across his body :/

What are the odds my other 3 kids will skip it??  LOL

Sounds like one of their kids in their preschool had it a couple of weeks ago, I kept Liam home from 4K today, but sent Rylee since she has no spots at all.  By the time I picked her up 3 hrs later, several more kids had started with spots in the 3K classroom.  I'm sure it will blow through most of the kids in the next month or so!

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Sounds like a pox party at preschool!  I believe you said on FB that you have immunized against the chicken pox but he still got it.  I got them (we figure) inside a bad case of chiggers.  My sister got them after that.  I grew up figuring I had never had them.  Before getting pregnant I was tested because getting them while pregnant is very bad.  Turns out I am immune to them.  My kids were all immunized against them and have not had them.  Good luck!

3. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yep my kids are fully vaxed and up to date, and he still got them.  From what I read, if you do get them, it should be a much milder case!  I hope so!  So far he's just been itchy a couple of times, some benadryl and benadryl gel have helped.  My mother in law picked up calamine lotion for me, which should work better tonight.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: Danielle.  I hope the cases are mild for your two and they start to feel better soon.  Chicken pox is no fun.  :(

5. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

We vax and all 3 got it (ages 3, 1,1). Is was mild, 3 year old was covered on chest and back but no itching or complaints. One year olds didn't seem to notice. They were spared the booster at age 6 which made them very happy!!