They never shut up!

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Chrissy Nelson, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

My kids talk non stop. When I say non stop I mean all the time, it is insane. We thought poor little Allison was never going to talk with her speech problems but now we cannot get them to shut up. It almost like they ramp it up too when we go out in public.

The best is Allison even talks really loud in her sleep. The other night She asked if she could have a Churro.

Does anyone elses kids never shut up.

2. Katarina

Katarina Well-Known Member

All 4 of mine are like that and I too go crazy. Its the worst when we are in the car.

3. honedew

honedew New Member

Oh yes!! So much worse when we are in the car. All 4 kids want to talk at one time. Everyone else talks so much louder than Madison so she usually gets lost in the crowd! :clapping:

4. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

In the car is the worst. They jibber jabber with each other and laugh and screech. I have no idea what they're talking about or laughing about .. but it's WAY annoying !!

5. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Mine are non-stop talkers too! One takes way more than the other and yes, in the car is the worst. But this is so wrong, I think it's worse when I only have one in the car with me. I feel like I actually have to pay attention!! :unsure: When the two of them are together, I just zone out and stop listening. Around the house I can send them upstairs at least and turn on music downstairs. In the car I get "Mommy, can you turn the radio down??" :laughing:

6. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

We are only four so I am jumping in this forum but holy cow....mine are ridiculous. My sister came over a few months ago with her two kids and they were all eating lunch. She looked at me and said, "Are you kidding me. They dont stop talking." I told her this was how it was every second! Yesterday we were in the car and I was looking for a street and they distracted me so bad because they were nonstop talking! I freaked out on them and told them they have to stop talking!!! Bad I know but I just lost it!

7. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Right there with you!!! I ask the girls if they get tired of hearing their own voices. Sometimes it's overwhelming, the amount they can talk. I tease them that they talk so much, my ears bleed, lol.

8. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone has kids that don't talk all the time.

This summer vacation almost drove me insane. The girls start talking the minute they wake up and NEVER stop until they fall asleep. I also totally zone out and don't listen.

ETA: How can school bus drivers stand it?

9. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

amen!

10. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Sofia is never ending. She just goes on and on. It's like she has no mental filter, it's exhausting. Ryan isn't as chatty.

11. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Timothy talks pretty non-stop. He can even be playing Webkinz on the computer and he has to narrate the entire time.

I have found some peace in the car though. Books on cd. It was a life-saver this summer. We'd put in Magic Treehouse or Junie B. and listen to books. There was this golden silence from the back seat. It was wonderful.

Marissa

12. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I think it might be worse too when they are alone. I know everything about everyone they have ever talked too.

I asked Allison last night if her throat ever gets sore. :laughing: At least I am not alone.

13. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Yes ! You're right. When I'm alone with one of them .. they talk non-stop to ME. I don't mind, but I find myself zoning out and then they ask "Ok, mom ?" or "right mom ?" and I have to try to cover up the fact that I wasn't listening. :blush:

14. krysn2ants

krysn2ants Well-Known Member

OMG!!! Isiah is the non-stop talker in our house...Michael is trying to catch up but he mumbles, ALL THE TIME!! They have learned that when they want to talk to me they have to say "Mom..." and they actually wait until I respond or call me again b/c I TOTALLY ZONE/TUNE OUT! I used to try playing the "let's see who can be quiet the longest" game, Isiah ALWAYS LOST...I gave up. :rolleyes:

15. Username

Username Well-Known Member

I don't mind the non-stop talking. I mind that they aren't actually saying anything. :headbang: I can't keep up the enthusiasm for a 'conversation' that is as meaningless as dirt.

Or the loud singing of made up songs. My son's songs always harp on his awesomeness and overwhelming power. LOUD. OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER. :clapping:

I did however, attend a parenting lecture a while back where he said that quality time is a myth and that parenting does entail drudergy and repetition for 99% of the time and then a little golden nugget of connection and meaning. That helps me get through the endless conversations about nursing worms, flying jaguars and castle under the chicken coop. :rolleyes:

16. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I heard a funny Kaiser Permanente commercial on the radio the other day -- something like "From age 6 to 9 they never stop talking, but after age 14 they won't speak to you except to say 'Drive me to the mall.'" It made me realize that I'd better settle in for a few more years of this -- and that I might as well try to enjoy it, because I won't like it any better when they won't speak to me at all! :laughing:

17. mandylouwho

mandylouwho Well-Known Member

I swear I live with the Riddler.
    "Mom, what is that?"
    "Mom, why is he wearing gray? See mom, I knew that was GRAY!"
    "Mom, if the fire engins are red, shouldn't cop cars be something bright too?"
    "Mom, if I eat my pizza do I get a prize?"
    "Mom, if you loved me as much as you say you do, wouldnt you be crying all the time?"
    "Mom, why dont you have a baby in your belly too? Dont moms grow them? Isnt that your job?"
    "Mom, knock knock, (Whos there?) Meatloaf in my pants!"
    "Mom, I have to go poop and it might smell, so please dont look at me"
    "Mom are you happy?"
    "Mom, are you sad?"
    "Mom are you angry?"
    "Mom, I need a break, can I drink your beard?(Beer)"
    "Mom, is my brother a girl or a boy?"
    "Mom, whats for dinner? Chicken? You dont like mw do you?"
    "Mom, if I go to bed now can I wake up when its dark out?"
    "Mom, who has the car? (We traded it in) why? It worked didnt it?"
    "Mom, why do you yell some of the times and not the other times?"
    MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM!!!!!!