They're Here!!!! *Update in original post*

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by MommyTo3andCounting, Nov 19, 2006.

1. MommyTo3andCounting

MommyTo3andCounting Well-Known Member

My babies arrived very unexpectedly on Thursday, November 11 @ 36 weeks and 4 days.

I had an OB appointment and NST that afternoon. OB appointment went well and we scheduled my c-section for Friday, November 24th. When I was done at the OB's office I headed over to the hospital for my NST. The nurse mentioned how consistent my contractions were, and I realized they did feel "different" than they had been feeling all week. She called my doctor and he said to send us (luckily DH had tagged along to my appointments) to L&D to be monitered. I was still contracting every 2 minutes and was 60% effaced and 1 1/2 cm dilated - the most my cervix has ever done. They thought I might just be dehydrated so they started an IV and gave me 2 liters of fluid to try and stop the contractions.

Well it didn't work so they decided we were doing the c-section right then. I asked them to wait 30 minutes so DH could run home and grab our camera-and he barely made it back in time!

Camden was born first @ 6:03p.m. weighing 6 lbs 6 oz 18 1/2" followed by Ciara @ 6:06p.m. weighing 6 lbs 2 oz 20". They looked (and still look) so tiny!!

Nursing started off a little rough, Ciara was too sleepy to latch on or suck, but they are both nursing like champs around the clock. Hopefully they'll gain back the weight they've lost quickly.

We were all sent home earlier this afternoon after a long 3 days in the hospital - I would say that's been the hardest part of recovering from this c-section. I don't do well at the hospital and haven't slept for 3 nights.

Good luck to all of you ladies still waiting for little bundles - you're support has meant a lot!! I look forward to seeing everyone on the FY and Breastfeeding forums!

***Oops - type-o! They were born the 16th!** (Thanks for catching that Diane)

2. MommyTo3andCounting

MommyTo3andCounting Well-Known Member

My babies arrived very unexpectedly on Thursday, November 11 @ 36 weeks and 4 days.

I had an OB appointment and NST that afternoon. OB appointment went well and we scheduled my c-section for Friday, November 24th. When I was done at the OB's office I headed over to the hospital for my NST. The nurse mentioned how consistent my contractions were, and I realized they did feel "different" than they had been feeling all week. She called my doctor and he said to send us (luckily DH had tagged along to my appointments) to L&D to be monitered. I was still contracting every 2 minutes and was 60% effaced and 1 1/2 cm dilated - the most my cervix has ever done. They thought I might just be dehydrated so they started an IV and gave me 2 liters of fluid to try and stop the contractions.

Well it didn't work so they decided we were doing the c-section right then. I asked them to wait 30 minutes so DH could run home and grab our camera-and he barely made it back in time!

Camden was born first @ 6:03p.m. weighing 6 lbs 6 oz 18 1/2" followed by Ciara @ 6:06p.m. weighing 6 lbs 2 oz 20". They looked (and still look) so tiny!!

Nursing started off a little rough, Ciara was too sleepy to latch on or suck, but they are both nursing like champs around the clock. Hopefully they'll gain back the weight they've lost quickly.

We were all sent home earlier this afternoon after a long 3 days in the hospital - I would say that's been the hardest part of recovering from this c-section. I don't do well at the hospital and haven't slept for 3 nights.

Good luck to all of you ladies still waiting for little bundles - you're support has meant a lot!! I look forward to seeing everyone on the FY and Breastfeeding forums!

***Oops - type-o! They were born the 16th!** (Thanks for catching that Diane)

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your babies!! [​IMG] I'm glad everything went well dispite the surprise delivery!! Look forward to seeing you over in the BF forum!! Congrat again! Can't wait to see pictures!

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!!!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so glad that you are all home
    and well!!!!

5. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Glad DH made it back with the camera!

Don't forget to take care of yourself, I hope you are able to get a little rest.

When is their birthday? I am thinking you have a typo since the 11th was a Saturday.

6. twomore

twomore Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! I'm glad they are doing great, and had not NICU time. Hope you feel better soon.

7. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations!! Glad to hear you are all doing well.

8. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! Happy Birthday, Camden and Ciara! [​IMG]

9. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Congratulations on the birth of your babies!! The best "surprise" you have had in a long time, huh? I am so glad that you are all happy and healthy!

10. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Congratulations mom! Take care of yourself and those little bundles!

[​IMG] Camden!! [​IMG] Ciara!!

[​IMG] to FY!!

11. runnergirl

runnergirl Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the arrival of your little girls!

12. Evanly

Evanly Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

13. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

yay! I wondered what happened to you. That's great news that everyone is healthy and came home with you.....

man all these babies, people are dropping like flies...january has never felt farther away!

miriam

14. BaaRamEwe

BaaRamEwe Well-Known Member

Congrats and best wishes. [​IMG]

15. cbrown39

cbrown39 Well-Known Member

Congrats on your new babies. How exciting it must have been. I am so glad to hear everyone got to come home at the same time. Good luck and take care of yourself.

16. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

congratulations on the babies and no NICU time.

17. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!! [​IMG]

18. Cindy123

Cindy123 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! What great weights & no NICU time!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. JASB

JASB Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!! That is great that the babies are healthy despite the surprise delivery. I just hope I can have a similiar story. Thanks for sharing.

20. luv_my_kidz

luv_my_kidz Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! I'm glad everyone is doing well!!

21. mom2twinboyz

mom2twinboyz Active Member

Congrats!!!! That is some great weights too!

Meg, Mother of Fraternal Twin Boys
    Born June 10, 2006 @ 37weeks!

*Stats*
    Jacob William
    Birth-7lbs & 20 inches long
    1 Month-8lbs11oz & 22 inches long
    2 Months-12lbs4oz & 22.5 inches long
    3 Months-14lbs10oz & 23.75 inches long
    4 Months-17lbs & 25.5 inches long
    5 Months-18lbs3oz & 26.5 inches long

Nathan Alan
    Birth-5lbs7oz & 19.5 inches long
    1 Month-7lbs7oz & 21 inches long
    2 Months-10lbs7oz & 21.75 inches long
    3 Months-12lbs10oz & 23.5 inches long
    4 Months-14lbs3oz & 25.5 inches long
    5 Months-15lbs12oz & 26.5 inches long

22. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

I can't believe I missed this post! Congratulations on your babies! I am glad everything went well! I wish you the best with all your little ones.