Thinking about getting the B.O.B Duallie

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by AmyH, Aug 3, 2009.

1. AmyH

AmyH Well-Known Member

So this last weekend my husband and I were out and about. I wanted to look at the B.O.B since the store we were at has one on display. I LOVE it. Everything I've heard about it I love. My only thing is, 1) the price (although grandpa has given us money to buy a stroller from him, so we can afford it) and 2) it's a jogger, it's kind of big.. Will I ever fit through any normal doors? Am I still going to need a smaller "umbrella" type double stroller?

I have a 2 year old, so I'll be using for both the babies, and when the toddler needs to ride I will B'jorn one of the babies. I was originally just going to get the snap and go for the very beginning but also buy the Combi Twin Sport to have for when the toddler needs to ride. (He doesn't ride in strollers very much, he would just won't sit still.) I'm not worried about the room that the stroller will take in the vehicle, I drive a pick-up with a canopy so I will have enough room.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is the B.O.B worth it? Will I need another "smaller" stroller? Can the BOB fit through doors? (I had one lady tell me she could easily get it through normal doorways since it maneuvers so well, she just got the front wheels through then turned it slightly to get the back end in)

Thanks in advance everyone for your help! I know I have some time still to decide, but time seems to be flying and I want to make sure I atleast have the stroller since I already have the car seats and crib! :)

2. JenCE

JenCE Active Member

I just ordered mine -they're 10% off right now.

I also have a toddler and I have been using a contours tandem with her and 1 twin and slinging the other but it's just getting too tough to push that thing (She has to take the front seat).

I'll let you know when I get mine but hopefully others can help give you suggestions/ opinions in the mean time.

Congrats on the twins!
    Jen

3. bekkiz

bekkiz Well-Known Member

We LOVE our BOB, however, I only use it in certain places--trails, dog park, walks. It is so easy to push. I have a feeling we'll use it more as the boys get older, as right now their limit is about 30 minutes in the stroller, and then they want out.

It is a bit wide, but it fits through most doors. I think there's only one place I can think of (a little local shop) where I couldn't get in.

I have two other strollers. The Kolcraft Options Tandem, which I use for shopping and the mall, and the Maclaren SBS which is perfect for traveling (great in the airport, and we're taking it to Disney World).

A friend told me that if you only have one stroller, you're not doing it right! ;)

Also, if you have an REI near you, they send out a 20% coupon to their members a couple of times a year. I think the membership is like 20 bucks, which is well worth the $100 you'd save w/ the coupon!

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Another stroller for you to consider would be a Valco Twin Trimode with toddler attachment. My DD was 26 months when the boys were born and she still needed to be in a stroller. This was the only way I could get out and about with all 3 kids.

5. carlylafont

carlylafont Well-Known Member

I love my BOB stroller!!! My twin girls love it too! It fits in normal doorways no problem. I love that it is easy to use. I too have a snap n go stroller that I hate to use because it is so hard to manuever through stores, and my girls are tall, so their legs have to be squished with whoever is at the front. The only downside to the BOB is that I have to take all the wheels off for it to fit in my trunk (I have a 93 honda accord). So I don't take it as much as I would like. It does fit without taking the wheels off in our 4runner, but you have to take the shade bar out. So, if I had a bigger car, there would be no downside to the bob!

6. Lorem Ipsum

Lorem Ipsum Well-Known Member

No experience with the BOB, but we have two twin strollers the we really like…

The Valco Twin Tri-mode for when we all go out, and the City Mini Double stroller for when my wife is alone with the boys. The Valco is great! Narrow enough to fit through a standard door, very maneuverable, easy easy easy to push. It’s smooth and quiet and has enough storage for everything we need to take along with us. But it’s big and it’s heavy. Enter the City Mini… supper easy to open and fold, light enough that my wife can easily pick it up to get it in and out of the car, fits through standard doors and with a combined weight capacity of 100lbs the little ones won’t out grow it anytime soon.

7. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I assume you're talking about the Revolution (with the swivel wheel). GET IT!

And ITA with this:
    :ibiggrin:

We have a Maclaren Twin for times when we're not doing much walking (i.e., the doctor's office) and just need to throw the stroller in the car. But for everything else, we use the Mountain Buggy, which is very similar to the Bob. Because it's so maneuverable, it's actually much easier to get through doorways than the Maclaren, even though it's bigger. (Plus, although it's longer, taller, and heavier, it's not really wider.)

8. AmyH

AmyH Well-Known Member

AWESOME! Thank you everyone for your replies. We were at REI yesterday when I was trying it out, and I decided we will become members if i decide to buy it. So maybe the sooner I become a member the better, to get the discount.. And maybe I'll keep the SBS smaller stroller on our registry and hope that someone is feeling generous! I saw the valco stroller when I first found out it was twins, but didn't look too much at it, so maybe I'll go back to the store and look closer.. I just know DS won't sit for long in any stroller, so I'm not sure it would be worth it to have something for him.

I know you can buy the car seat attachment and they say only 1 seat will fit, but anyone fit 2 one it? Just wondering....

Thanks again!

9. angelf

angelf Well-Known Member

Amy, I see that you've got awhile now until you will be having these babies and using the stroller. I don't know much about the BOB except that it is pricey, which is why I didn't even look at it. I just wanted to say that since your 2 year old is going to be closer to 3 by the time you are using the SBS alot, you will probably want to factor in that he probably will have NO interest in a stroller by that point. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I doubt your older DS should be a factor in your consideration. What I would recommend is that you train him to hold onto the stroller handle as soon as you start pushing the little ones around. That's what my 3 year old does, and it is really nice to always know where he is. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

10. marijanad

marijanad Well-Known Member

We have the BOB Duallie (12") and love it for long walks, trails, parks, etc. It does fit through doorways but not super easily, you have to navigate carefully, but this is true
    of all side by side double strollers. I consider the BOB my outdoor stroller. I use a Zooper Tango for indoor/quick trips-it's not as durable and heavy duty as the BOB but it is super
    comfortable, easy to maneuver, and has lots of storage. It also reclines almost flat so it's nice in the mall or wherever if they choose to sleep. It's also nice for traveling because they sit up nicely and you can feed them in it. The BOB seat doesn't sit up that high, even at it's highest height.
    You will have no problem selling the BOB when you are finished using it, it is in high demand.
    Good luck!

11. darges789

darges789 New Member

We love our BOB! It fits through most doorways easily. It is heavy to get in and out of the SUV. It also takes up a lot of room in the car. But I say get the stroller.

12. AmyH

AmyH Well-Known Member

angelf, great point! We are already working on that with our son, when I take him places in his stroller 75% of the time he won't sit in it so I push the empty stroller and he has to walk next to it and hold on. So thank you for making the point to not even consider him when looking!

I'm so excited now! THanks for all of the replies!