This must be nesting... But is it going to make my cervix shorter?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kitkat72783, May 3, 2009.

1. kitkat72783

kitkat72783 Well-Known Member

Through out this whole pregnancy, I've not only been paranoid about doing anything I've also been exhausted so with that combination I did Very Very little. I have a desk job so no real walking or being o my feet and once I got home it was dinner and then bed. Thankfully DS is absolutly awsome he is content etertaining himself after dinner and wakes me up if he needs something, and DH has done the basic cleaning and dealt with thee house being not so great since I got preggers. So a week and a half ago I found out my cervix went from almost 5cm to 2cm in four weeks so I go back on wednesday for a recheck. my peri didn't give me any rea instructions such as bed rest and resisted me leaving work already and just said take it easy, but how could I possibly take it any more easy than before.

BUT now I am going cleaning crazy, I am trying to do it in short bursts so I'm not on my feet for long periods of time and I do as much sitting as possible but I'm going stir crazy and nutts with all that still needs to be done,,,, things got so piled up over the last 8 months that now its like AHHHHH I got so much to do! Mom's been over to help on a few days and we're making huge dents but it seems like it will never end, but I also have all this crazy cleaning energy, and sence that everything (I have a huge, and I mean huge, to do list) has to be done with in the next week or two. Will all this energy and short bursts of cleaning definatly have an effect on my cervix or can it just shrink as you get further along? Does this nesting mean the babies are coming soon? with my son I had some nesting(nothing like this energy though) about a week before my son came.

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Anytime you are up and moving around, the gravity can cause your cervix to shorten. I think if I were you I would definitely take it easy, and stay off my feet. 30 weeks is still very early to have those babies, and its not worth taking any chances especially since your cervix shortened so dramatically so quickly. I know it feels like there is a lot to do, but it will get done in time. Good Luck!

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug: It is hard to sit back and let the house get to be a mess, but if your cervix has already shortened that much, maybe it's not quite time to start doing all these things. :hug: I'd sit and relax and enjoy while you still can. The house will be there later or you can let your mom do it herself (if she's willing, of course) but you definately want those little ones in there cooking just a bit more. :hug:

4. Angelsamb

Angelsamb Well-Known Member

Be careful with sitting as well. When you sit up, you are still puting pressure on your cervix, and maybe even more than standing because while standing, your legs take a lot of the weight off your pelvis.

5. h2believe

h2believe Well-Known Member

Definitely take it easy! I ended up in the ER due to having vacuumed and mopped LOL got pretty bad contractions and something called muscular skeletal pain... I was told no more and so all house cleaning went to DH. Even though it sounds so tempting to grab the swiffer mop and I think what harm could it possibly do, my DH gives me the look of death and I don't dare... I've made it this far so I must be doing something right :)

So yes, take it easy and relax!

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Honestly with your cervix shortening that much in 4 weeks, I wouldn't be doing any cleaning right now. I think I'd be taking it very easy. Yes, any movement like that can shorten your cervix even more. Please take it easy and like PP said, be careful with sitting as well, it's best to lay down. :hug: