This Week's Appointments March 5-9

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by summerfun, Mar 5, 2012.

1. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This is our weekly appointment thread for the week of March 5-9. Please reply here and let us know any appointments you have this week. Don't forget to come back and update us on how the appointment went. Good luck at all appointments. :)

2. j-squared

j-squared Well-Known Member

I had an NST and ultrasound this morning. Both babies are estimated to be just over 6 lbs each and look great.

They are both still breech (footling breech, no less!) so we went ahead and scheduled a c-section for 38 weeks 2 days (since 38 weeks falls on a Saturday for me).

It's a bit bittersweet. I'm so glad the end is in sight, but I had gone through a lot earlier in my pregnancy to find a practice and hospital that would let me deliver vaginally as long as Baby A was head down (my old practice would only allow vaginal if both babies were head down) and, well, these babies decided to be stubborn. They have both been breech since the 20 week ultrasound and Baby A has actually been in exactly the same position the whole time--she has never even shown us her face as she's always staring at the back of my uterus.

I am now assuming there is some reason she never turned over and I'm fine with that. As long as they both arrive healthy, I will be very happy!

If I don't go into labour in the next two weeks, the babies will be born on March 19!

3. jnelan

jnelan Well-Known Member

I have an appointment (but no ultrasound) this Friday. I am thinking it will be a cervix check as I will be 34w, 2d.

J-squared: Congrats on getting the c-section scheduled. I agree that as long as they arrive healthy that's reason to celebrate. My baby A is also stubbornly breech, so it is more and more likely I will have a c-section too. But honestly, I find myself not caring too much, especially since there's really nothing I can do about it.

Great weights for your babies too!

4. j-squared

Jen: I hope your appointment goes well on Friday. It was hard for me to come to terms with the c-section mostly because I am terrified of surgery. I know it's routine, but it's still major surgery in my mind. I've never had a surgery so it's all new territory for me (whereas I have had a baby vaginally just fine so am totally ok with that process now! LOL). I think I am most worried about the recovery because while many people do just fine, some don't and there's no way to predict how it will go. But, yes, I am just glad they have done so well, stayed in so long, and that they'll be here soon!

5. efaith

efaith Well-Known Member

The week's already over but I wanted to share, I had a scan on tuesday, 16 weeks and my babies (mono/di) are exactly the same size to the mm. I was so relieved to see them all healthy and active and everyone seems very happy with their progress. It's also lovely to be feeling them move so much now.

6. jnelan

jnelan Well-Known Member

My appt yesterday was pretty uneventful. Swab for GSB, discussion about scheduling the c-section - we'll wait until the 36 week scan on the 20th, but it looks like I'll be delivered on April 4, 5 or 6 (April 4 is 38 weeks exactly). No cervix check - my OB said, "well you could be a little dilated or you could not," but absent any contractions, etc, she didn't feel like it was necessary to check. She's also willing to sign off on short-term disability for me to go out of work a week or two before I'm due. So I'm hoping for two more weeks of work and then going out.

7. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I had my 28 week appointment Thursday. Everything looks great but the doctor started restricting my activity. The restrictions aren't as bad as I had feared when she first started talking about them weeks ago, I guess because I'm doing so well. I still can't carry my 2 year old though (which she's having a little trouble understanding) and I start working from home Monday. Still, I consider myself very lucky to have the ability to keep working from home and at least I'm not restricted to the bed or the house.

8. j-squared

efaith, Jen and Mom2VL&S: Glad to hear everything went well this week with your appointments!

I'm really glad I had no restrictions on my pregnancy. I'm still carrying my two-year-old (carefully) when needed and I walk about 1/3 mile into work each day and then back at the end (plus some other walking during the day). However, I am taking this week off because, well, I'm done all my work and I'm just done... my feet hurt all the time now and I'd like to have some time off to just relax and finish a bit of stuff around the house. My job doesn't really allow me to go off early unless I take vacation and I've been trying to save that to get paid out during my maternity leave. We don't have short-term disability.

9. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

J-squared - Thanks! I do have short-term disability but it only covers my whole salary for 3 months and I can't afford a salary hit right now. And taking short term disability could eat into my maternity leave. So I'm try to save as much possible. I definitely understand wanting to just take some time off though! I may do that later in the pregnancy if I feel like I can get away with it.