This Week's Appointments Nov. 5-9

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by summerfun, Nov 5, 2012.

1. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This is our weekly appointment thread for the week of Nov. 5-9. Please reply here and let us know any appointments you have this week. Don't forget to come back and update us on how the appointment went. Good luck at all appointments. :)

2. chicklet71

chicklet71 Active Member

34 weeks tomorrow and thursday (november 8th) is my 34 week check-up and non stress test..cross your fingers i dont get put on bed rest, ack! ive already got a bit of elevated blood pressure and my feet/ankles and legs are HUGELY swollen etc etc....yikes :(

i'll keep ya posted thursday afternoon/evening of what they say!

3. j-squared

j-squared Well-Known Member

Chicklet, hope your appointment goes well. Yay for 34 weeks! My blood pressure crept up a bit around then but I went to my scheduled c-section at 38.5 weeks. Oh my, I forgot about the swelling! Ugh! You're almost done, hang in there! :) Rah rah rah and all that jazz! LOL.

4. jn18

jn18 Member

Hi...had two appointments this week...Ultrasound on Monday (nov. 5) and then OB check-up today (nov. 8). I'm 32 weeks and ultrasounds came back looking good, babies are about 4 lbs 1 oz and 3lbs 15 oz with good fluid and was told that cervix was "nice and long". Today, my OB reviewed results, then did a quick U/S in her office to look at the bladder and fluid again, all seemed well and looks like my boys are both head down (yay).
    I'm booked to fly this weekend (Calgary to Toronto) and had my fingers crossed for the ok--so left my appointment feeling well, with travel letter in hand and copy of my charts.

Keeping positive and cautious while to fly back to attend my convocation and visit my parents.

best of luck all :)

5. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Have a safe trip!

6. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

:) for a good visit! Have a safe trip!

7. j-squared

jn18: props to you for flying at 32 weeks! I flew at 28 weeks and was very nervous about it for some reason (even though I was perfectly fine with regards to my health, the babies, cervix, etc). Enjoy your convocation! I'm from Calgary but am now living in the US. :)

8. chicklet71

chicklet71 Active Member

well, my 34 week check-up/ultrasound/non stress test went well....the OB liked what she saw with my blood pressure 120/80, the babies are around 5 pounds each, their hearbeats are strong and chugging away, yay!! and im STILL not on bed rest (YAY!!), so happy about that...mind you she did say that when i am home, im am to keep my feet elevated, drink lots of water and keep the salt intake to a minimum but she did say if i want to go out for dinner with the hubby or a coffee date with my gf's in the afternoon, there is no problem at all with that as im not locked down to the couch until birth (yet anyway, lol)

and as well, that 'elevated' blood pressure i had 2 weeks ago has come back down (thank god)..dont need that worry i tell ya....but sigh, my feet are still nice and fat and swollen, heck even my leg up to my calf muscle is partially swollen now.....Doc was ok with it though, as since i asked her could it be a sign of pre-eclampsia, she said no, as i had no other symptoms (no protein in my urine, no headaches, no blurry vision, no high blood pressure, etc etc etc)

so looks like all is good for this week, just doing LOTS of couch rest with Netflix and elevated feet and some final prep work on the nursery etc etc....now onto next friday and my 35 week non stress check-up/ultrasound!

cheers :D

9. j-squared

Great news, Chicklet! I was never on bedrest with mine so you might find you never do get bedrest. In fact, I was still going strong at 38.5 weeks when I had my c-section. I think my little ones would have been happy to stay in for the full duration. That said, by 34 weeks all I was doing after my first went to bed was laying around on the couch with my feet up or going to sleep myself. :)

My BP also fluctuated depending on how rested, well fed, hydrated I was. My doctor's office was notorious for running behind and I'd always run high at my regular OB appointments after waiting up to an hour sometimes to see the doctor, but when I was having my NSTs in the high-risk office they were always on schedule and my BP was always great down there.

10. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I had the same swelling and BP issues. I was never on bed rest and worked until the week before I delivered at 38 weeks 3 days!

Congrats on your progress this far!!

11. chicklet71

chicklet71 Active Member

oh wow, so great to hear RayceRyin12 AND J-squared that you both werent on bed rest at all and went to over 38 weeks....congrats to the both of you! tomorrow I am 35 weeks so im hoping for the best to keep these little munchkins in me as long as possible, gotta make sure they are HEALTHY, avoid the NICU dept at all costs and can come home with us once i recover (4 days i think) from my c-section at the hospital!!

well, now its time to start watching season 2 of "Downton Abbby" and get my feet off the floor and up on the couch for a few hours to bring down some of the swelling, ugh...fun times, LOL ;)